Newb From Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb From Cali

Just Bought This 1986 BMW 325E E30, With 180K Miles, With The Standard 2.7L, 5-Speed, Came Swapped With A S3.73 LSD. H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Gas A Just Shocks, SportMaxx 15" Red Matching Wheels Wrapped Around Primewell PZ900 And Original Zender Body Kit. Very Clean Interior 9/10 Has New Piping With Magnaflow HiFlow Cat With A FlowMaster Muffler At The End.

I Need Help On Performance Chip. Dinan Vs. Mark D? I can get a authentic used Dinan Chip Under $100.

Welcome aboard! Any other pix?

Check the F/S section for a real used chip.

COTM

Comment

Welcome

Finally, new e30 owners out of the west side. I'm Culver City adjacent off of washington and fairfax dude. Hopefully we'll see you at a local meet soon.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Hello. Looks like a good base, but you appear to be missing your hood...

Anyway, I like the Zender bits, but I gotta say, the color-matched sportmaxxxxors don't it for me.

As for the chip, you won't find many folks on here that will speak baddly about either one. As far as performance figures go, both the Dinan and MarkD chips seem to give the same amount of go on an eta. FWIW, I've got a Dinan chip in my '84 325e, simply for the fact that I got it, with all the original documentation and swag for under a bill.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
          Hello. Looks like a good base, but you appear to be missing your hood...

Anyway, I like the Zender bits, but I gotta say, the color-matched sportmaxxxxors don't it for me.

As for the chip, you won't find many folks on here that will speak baddly about either one. As far as performance figures go, both the Dinan and MarkD chips seem to give the same amount of go on an eta. FWIW, I've got a Dinan chip in my '84 325e, simply for the fact that I got it, with all the original documentation and swag for under a bill.

I've Read Before That With The Dinan Chip I Will Only Kick In At "Full Throttle" And At "Partial Throttle" You Wont Feel Any Difference In Driving. Its gonna be a daily driver. Is this true?

Comment

Nice car! definitely paint those wheels silver or something.

for those who like the zender bits, ive got some for sale....shameless plug.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by E30.WLA View Post
              I've Read Before That With The Dinan Chip I Will Only Kick In At "Full Throttle" And At "Partial Throttle" You Wont Feel Any Difference In Driving. Its gonna be a daily driver. Is this true?
              Not all true, there are gains in the power-band across the range. The gains aren't earth-shattering by any means, but the curve is smoothed out some, which is nice in the mid-range. There is a peak at the upper end (around 4k IIRC) so yes, the the change is more apparent there, however this is where the stock eta starts to fall off of the power-band anyway.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

nice side skirts.. welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                X