No announcement yet.

April 2011, Car of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when the first interior pix surfaced...wow! Nothing but win after that. Bravo!

COTM

Comment

This car is too nice, great pick!!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
        I’m glad there’s a COTM - because I totally missed this car before.

I am not a big m20 guy – nor a big turbo guy – but something about that low-mount snail, intake components behind passenger-side light, and where that sly cooler is just floors me. I love it to pieces. Can’t put my finger on it – it just looks so “intelligent” or something..
        Fucking A, that is a cool bay.
        Haha.. thats good to hear b/c i think that at times i can be a bit of a picture whore. As far as the turbo goes, Dinan knew how to make em (PS The cooler system was my creation). People are always so amazed at how stock the setup looks. I know I'll miss it, but it helped me realize that I am not that big of a turbo guy. The power is awesome, I just don't like having to spool a turbo... haha.

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
        Easily the best interior out of any E30, PERIOD! :hitler:

I've fapped many times to pics of this car... :giggle:
        Hahah.... thanks? Nah I'm kidding my girlfriend always rolls her eyes when i make sexual noises towards cars, or say dirty things to em.

Originally posted by unloadedak View Post
        will be even better with some hartge :)
        Man you have no idea how eager I am to throw those headers on. I hate the sound out of that 3" exhaust. From a performance aspect, its fantastic... but def not my thing.

Originally posted by mikekristine325ic View Post
        Damn, that interior looks prettier than any Porsche has ever made! Congrats bimma360, you definitely deserved it!
        Thanks, thats quite a complement as I absolutely love Porsche interiors.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
        Hoop dreams.

Orgasmic E30. Orange/Brown interior, Mtech II, BBS, Schwarz...too sexy for me.
        Haha... thanks man. I've had two e30 dream builds. What you described is one of them, and I've been fortunate enough to be able to put it all together. The other one is an e30 M3.

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
        I remember when the first interior pix surfaced...wow! Nothing but win after that. Bravo!
        I still say you redo that interior in the coupe. Porsche red all the way!!
        E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I miss my Dinan turbo! :( Damn financial times forced me to sell to the COTM owner.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            One of 20??? Damn that's amazing! Always loved this car, especially the interior. Very unique and very sexy!
            Dinan actually produced 200 kits but only about 20 were ever sold. This is 1 of 3 or 4 in existence in the US today. There is one overseas, one in Phoenix and one in Seattle. There has been rumors of one in Miami too but could never find the owner when I owned it.

The rest of the kits were converted to the 8 series Twin Turbo projects/kits that Dinan produced.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhaile View Post
              Dinan actually produced 200 kits but only about 20 were ever sold.
              More proof that E30 guys always were cheap bastards!

Love the interior, love the underhood...but damn, that deck is SO ugly! A silver wart in the middle of a gorgeous car...oh well, like a nipple hair on a hot chick, it is removable....

Congrats on COTM!

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I'm at a loss for words.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by jrhaile View Post
                  I miss my Dinan turbo! :( Damn financial times forced me to sell to the COTM owner.
                  James... You should read the first post, and all of my other posts in this thread very very carefully.
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    More proof that E30 guys always were cheap bastards!

Love the interior, love the underhood...but damn, that deck is SO ugly! A silver wart in the middle of a gorgeous car...oh well, like a nipple hair on a hot chick, it is removable....

Congrats on COTM!

Luke
                    Haha I know what you mean, but back in the day when those head units were new this was the only color they had. I'll replace it at some point, but I like the alpine brand so I'm sticking with that haha.
                    E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

i love everything about your e30....perfection.
                      90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

absolutely beautiful, well deserved COTM.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Love it!

Color combo of the exterior/interior, and the BBS RS just makes the car so classy and clean!

Car deserves to be car of the year!

Comment

Great looking car, and the interior color combo is pimp!
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

That is one of the most beautifal interior colors of all time. It looks so clean, that and the engine bay.

Comment

So clean...love this car.
                                91' 318is - OBDI M52/ZF swap w/ S50 cams

Comment

Working...
                                X