Just picked up a zinnoberrot 86 325es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up a zinnoberrot 86 325es

Well I had been looking for a beater e30 for a while and finally found this gem on craigslist in CT. She's a zinnoberrot 86 325es with black interior. Odometer is stopped at 167k so who knows the real mileage, but other than that all she needed was a new battery. The car had a Florida plate in it and by the lack of rust ( none in the trunk or anywhere on the body) it appears to have come from Florida. The paint is fairly faded, there is a dent and paint chip in the right front fender but other than that she's solid. The plan for this gem is to make it as fun as possible for the summer, and possibly cage it and ice race it this winter. Anyways, here are some pics!

We picked her up on the uhaul trailer in Seymour, CT

I decided to ride back in the gem!

Beat up Recaro's

The first mod for this gem was a diet! Basically everything that wasn't necessary had to go...

It started with the spare tire and everything else in the trunk, including the tar!

Hammer and chisel weren't enough so it was time for the air tools.

Then the back seats had to go, which the previous owner hid subs under, and left us some giant holes

And the headliner was sagging pretty bad so that was next to be removed.

Weight reduction complete... for now

If anybody is looking for some random interior parts let me know... chances are I have it sitting in my garage now.

Not too dirty for being 25 years old...

Previous owner's custom emblem...

After that I got some plastidip and did the faded black mirrors and the grilles and will eventually do the window trim.

Then it got new brake pads all the way around and has almost new bilstein struts which will most likely be removed once i figure out which suspension kit to order to make this thing much lower. And the brand new catback which will be replaced with something more freeflowing and much louder.

A test drive was also necessary

My other car on the lift. A 2001.5 Audi S4 avant and heres a few more pics of it...

And an iceracing shot of the avant.

And this is how the gem sits right now awaiting a timingbelt and waterpump as well as a valve adjustment. Hopefully a speed sensor will fix the speedometer and odometer and we aren't really sure if the fuel gauge works or not, but once she's registered it won't be too hard to find out. Spent yesterday working on figuring out the wiring to get the fog lights and turn signals to work. Then the next mod will be some brighter headlights (looking into ellipsoids or smileys on ebay), yellow highbeams, a drop, a custom exhaust, and maybe some new wheels. I'll try and keep this thread updated with pics and whatnot as the car gets new mods! Also thinking about keeping the diving boards, in case I hit something! They look like they would take a lot of damage, and a lot less if they are tucked... any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by prime30; 05-10-2011, 04:50 PM.

Your B5 avant is so sexy, and uh so is that other car :) K04's by any chance?

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

I remember that car being for sale. Matter of fact I had planned to look at but you had snagged it. Too bad about the sub holes.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

We have similar taste in cars ;) Nice B5. Looks like she has some work done. staged?
        Current: 1988 M3 - Henna/Black black alcantara

Guten Parts + Service
        ... When you care enough to only give the very best.

Previous:
        '87 S50 MTech 1 325is
        '07 DTM Audi S4
        '03 VF Supercharged M3
        '03 Lexus IS300 (615rwhp/512rwtq)

Comment

those two big hole in the back add up to your weight reduction.
          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by alB5 View Post
            Your B5 avant is so sexy, and uh so is that other car :) K04's by any chance?
            Thanks! Hopefully this summer it'll get some K04's or TiAL 605's
            Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            I remember that car being for sale. Matter of fact I had planned to look at but you had snagged it. Too bad about the sub holes.
            Yeah, I had been looking a while for one that wasn't rusted out
            Originally posted by JeST View Post
            We have similar taste in cars ;) Nice B5. Looks like she has some work done. staged?
            Thanks, its stage 2+ right now, tune, turbo back exhaust, coilovers, and a few other mods
            Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
            those two big hole in the back add up to your weight reduction.
            unfortunately... although they might be perfect for skis if I dare drive this thing on salty roads in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by prime30 View Post
              If anybody is looking for some random interior parts let me know... chances are I have it sitting in my garage now.
              Do you have the under-dash knee panel? If so, is it in good condition? PM me price shipped to 01830 if you have it and it's in good condition.

BTW, very nice E30 and B6 Wagon, both are very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
                Do you have the under-dash knee panel? If so, is it in good condition? PM me price shipped to 01830 if you have it and it's in good condition.

BTW, very nice E30 and B6 Wagon, both are very nice!
                Thanks, but the car was missing that piece when I got it!

Comment

As soon as I saw the interior getting ripped out, I knew this would be good haha. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

From the looks of your Audi I cant wait to see where you take your E30. Good luck (nice find) :up:
                    sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Working...
                    X