Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 316

Hi guys

This is my e30. It's mine since september 2010 but i didn't drove it till march this year. I've been a fan for about 4 years i think. I always wanted one as my first car but i had some issius with the seller so that i didn't bought that car. Then my dad (how payed that car) said we should look for another car. So we bought a citroen saxo, a little hatchback. That was fine till i crashed. The replacement was a renault megane coupe. An e30 wasn't an option at that time. But last summer my parents decided i could buy me an e30 for hobby use. i still drive the megane as a daily to school and stuff. Since march i have done 500 km caus it broke down about 6 weeks ago. This is an m10 electric carburettor engine and it stalled. My neighbour is a mechanic and he took care of the car. after replacing some parts wich i can't name in english :P the car still didn't start. So i looked for a new carburettor and i found a guy living near by how sold his '88 316 in parts. I bought the whole engine and gearbox for 20€. bargain of the century! So once mounted, the car worked again. i also bought an K&N filter. After a 20 km drive the car started to drive bad and i stalled again in my street. the spark coil was broken. so i mounted a new one that i had from the 2nd hand engine. it worked again but after a short testdrive it stalled again. It seem that the earthing cables were oxidized. After cleaning it worked again. Now i'm going to buy a new gauge and some 15" mim rims.

that's about it. i hope it wasn't to hard to read. i'm from belgium so english isn't my primary language.

That are some picture made at meetings i attended.

Mods:
    16" AC Schnitzer 205/45R16 Fulda and Goodyear tires
    60/40 lowering by TA Technix (still need to get lower but needs more miles)
    Zender spoiler
    Mtech 1 steering wheel
    K&N racing filter
    I also have a set of 14" steelies

Planning to do:
    replace the last muffler with a straight pipe
    install new gauges with rev counter
    15" mim rims because one set isn't enough :p
    install a radio and contect the speakers

The wheels look great on the car and you would never think it was a 316. Very clean, an euro s52 would look great in that engine bay ;) Let me be the first to welcome you to r3v
    just doin track stuff :-P

"When was the last time you drove an e30 without a smile on your face?"

Comment

Welcome aboard :)
      NASA
      BMWCCA member
      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
      1997 M3 sedan
      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment