Update time (Cup Kit review, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update time (Cup Kit review, etc)

Welp, had the car for about a month and a half now, done a few things. Nothing major, but enjoy. I didn't bother washing it, been too cold and it desperately needs a good polishing. None of the mods are earth shattering, but they really do make the car much more enjoyable to drive :D .

Stock for comparison:

Cup Kit:

UUC hotness

Momo hotness (thanks mario!)

Unseen: Z4 3.0 shift lever, clutch stop, SS brake lines, Axxis ultimate pads, new OEM rotors all around.

As for the cup kit on a 318 (its 325 specific), I was worried about the ride height being screwy, but I'm actually happy with the results, I think it looks great, just what I wanted, not too low. The performance is perfect for me as well. Body roll, brake dive and squat are all greatly reduced, and the ride is a great compromise. Around town it soaks up road imperfections very well, and in a little casual testing, the car is very predictable at the limit. Understeer is there, but not severe enough that it can't be remedied with tire pressures. Overall, I'd say going with this kit was a gamble for me, as I'm not sure if anyone else has used the kit on the lighter 318is, but I am very pleased with the results.
    BEERTECH

Glad to hear you like the Cup Kit. I'm in the market to buy one, so your positive review is helpful.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Looks good, except for the uuc bling i dont think the crome look is too hot in e30's.

Originally Posted by Rob
      fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Looks good but I am not digging the chrome/aluminum e-brake handle. Way out of place, maybe if you had a leather boot, but witht he accordian it looks so odd.

Otherwise I really like the cupkit on your car, it looks pretty damn good!

Comment

wow 8) you're really making great progress

things i really like: painted weaves, blacked grill, lowered stance, SSK, and black IS spoiler.

how ya paint the weaves? I've very intrigued.

Maybe ellips and a plate filler should be in order. They'd really improve your ride....but it's not even month #2. You ride will continue to be sweet. Oh, and smoked front turns. Those would be a nice touch as well.

Keep us updated! :D

Comment

did you strip your basketweaves, polish the lip, and paint the spokes/mesh? i am also quite curious

i put my steelies on yesterday for the snow tires, and I think it looks good with black wheels. so I want to do something to my basketweaves
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Hey Rob-

I like the ride height, it looks good. Also glad you posted a pic of the knob, still
              trying to decide myself. Could you post a pic with it lit up?

Originally posted by slammed_e30
              Looks good, except for the uuc bling i dont think the crome
              look is too hot in e30's.
              The RK3 doesn't come chrome as far as I know...
              Brandon

Comment

its brushed aluminum with shitty photography
                BEERTECH

Comment

night time pic of the RK3 please? :D
                  Brandon

Comment

Looks good Rob, how do I take off the grill ring things to black them out? I know nothing :D

Comment

What I dont like about the cup kit is how the back wheels sink into the fenders. Meh just me. Good progress though, seems like a fun ride.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

I actually think the drop really accentuates the lines of the car, ie the car looks pretty even, not raked, so I'm happy.

For the wheels, hell I just cleaned them really well, masked them off and sprayed them, no big woop. I'll be upgrading at the next 'phase', as well as some more minor appearance stuff.

crappy pics of the lit knob:

Its hard to tell, but the knob illumination matches the window buttons perfectly and is not too dim or too bright (but controlled by the dimmer with my wiring)
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Thanks for the lit knob pics... It looks good. Probably worth the extra $10 they want for the RK3.
                          Brandon

Comment

Needs to either come up in the front or come down in the rear. The front is just high becuase of the lack of weight up there without the M20.

Rake it up. :twisted:
                            James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

Originally posted by F|2eeSTy|e
                              Hey Rob-

I like the ride height, it looks good. Also glad you posted a pic of the knob, still
                              trying to decide myself. Could you post a pic with it lit up?

Originally posted by slammed_e30
                              Looks good, except for the uuc bling i dont think the crome
                              look is too hot in e30's.
                              The RK3 doesn't come chrome as far as I know...
                              sorry no chrome rk3, then lets just say, looks good, except the uuc bling i dont think the silver/shinny shit is too hot in e30's.

Originally Posted by Rob
                              fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Working...
                              X