A prgoress thread for the ethusaist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prgoress thread for the ethusaist

If your looking for big flashy pics with a new mtec kit or a m50 swap, stop reading now.

But if you want to read and see a car that was once abused and is slowly being brought back to glory, than your in the right spot.First ill start off by saying this car was purchased last January(2010) as a autotragic, with wheelwell damage , and a cracked oil pan. Interior was trashed and car was pretty abused intil i got it.
    When i first get her.

Than my first project was to fix this door trim lol. It was siliconed on and beyond repair. Had to buy a new one

After a few weeks i got my oil pan fixed along with the oil pump. Also had m3 cabs put in and replaced a blown strut. So than i played with the exterior.

That was with a replaced valence and a mk2 cabrio lip off a vw. I thought the missing highbeam thing was cool but shortly put back in, it made the car look raggedy.
    During the nest few months everything was fine. Barely any progress was made save the stereo and speakers which didnt come with the car. Money was tight so I just DD'd it for the time being. My craftsmanship sucks so i didnt do anything for the fear of screwing my car up.
    So this brings us to the biggest change ive ever done to my car. The tranny went out. I tried to sell it but couldnt get a decent offer. So i bit the bullet and swapped it. Progress was real slow wothout any help and barely enough tools to do so in the driveway. So Dave my saviour came and took my car, and he finished the swap. It was sooooo much fun driving around without a exhaust, it also pissed the neighbors off :D.
    this was before anything was done and i was swapping my diff out(initial suspect)

Tranny parts!!!

Look at that fugly exhaust. PO welded pipes in for the cats and midsection.

So at this point i had my car back and i had my first photoshoot!

Lost the volvo lip

Oh yeah i forgot to put my favorite moment in the car. First snowstorm ive ever been in. Drifted all day

Something different. i thought it was cool.....it wasnt

Some more snow!

Something ive tried

Than i ditched the nigs and got a straight set of white weaves

At the Varsity

At the Walmart

So now for some before and afters
    Before:

After:

Before:

After:

So its been a far way. Ive made alot of progress in my eyes. Ive done brakes, transmission, watched a timingbelt and waterpump swap, brakes, rims, steering wheel, obc, cluster, radio and speakers,differential, upgraded tool kit, etc...
    Im glad to have an oem fresh car and not anything flashy or trendy. I love my car the way it is, and ill continue to mod it oem wise as thats what i see is best. Next week ill have a all tan interior thatll get rid of those terrible door speakers and mix matched interior. Than ill go oem on the radio and go with boston acoustic speakers. Im so excited to have a nice interior on the way and have my car look normal.
    So the infamous to do list;
    Euro grills
    15 in weaves(negaro silver)
    euro filler(or all red filler that blends with tails)
    New fogs and de laminate frenchies
    Euro trim and put in side markers on fenders
    Maybe some bling for the engine bay(CAI, headers, new engine bay stickers, etc.)
    Whatever else i wanna do at the time
    Hope you enjoyed and sorry for the lack of pics, i dont have a camera.
    Comments and Criticism always welcomned

Nice progress, and I absolutely love the white basket weaves!
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

nice work yo. soooo cool, come a long way...
      sigpic

Comment

Ans the ONLY reason why my beloved is lip is gone is because i busted my oilpan so i had to work out a trade to get it fixed. Its my dd, but itll come along for sure

Comment

Nice work. Sometimes the satisfying work to get done isn't very visible, as you well know.

Liking the white wheels, too. Bitch to keep clean though?
          '89 325i

Comment

Ohhhh yeah its difficult. Even after a wash it gets dirty hours later.

Comment

Those white weaves look really good, Negaro silver on a black, red or silver car but not a white car! Get an IS Lip stat!

Comment

nice progress man theres talk of all the atlanta guys getting together for meet you should check the southeast regional forum for updates and if you ever need a hand let me know

Comment

Originally posted by nightwing66 View Post

Something ive tried

need moar louvers

Originally posted by LJ851
                  I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

^^^ I lold and agree
                    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                    If you actually stay within your budget, you are not a true car enthusiast. True story.

Comment

I go to some of the marietta meets occasionally. I guess its abit of a drive for me so sometimes i just dont go.

Comment

Nice!!!
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I like your ethusiasm ;)

Comment

nice man! I'm from GA too!

Comment

Working...
                            X