Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BavarianBimmer

make at least the M20b25 swap :P
    Believe the car now has an 'I' motor. (m20b25)
    Trevor Ely
    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
      Originally posted by BavarianBimmer

make at least the M20b25 swap :P
      Believe the car now has an 'I' motor. (m20b25)
      ow I tought an M20b20 'I' motor

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
      1997 E36 328iT
      1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
      1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

it did have the 2.0L it now has a 2.5"i". i am going to BMW STEP this October. after i get out of school I will do something different, still keep it 12 valve though. no since in putting the cart before the horse

Comment

take the 320 head and put it on an eta block, better then 325i motor. Am plan on doing that to my 325es.

Comment

take the 320 head and put it on an eta block, better then 325i motor. Am plan on doing that to my 325es.
            believe that if you want with your small valves! its not any faster or more powerful.
            on the other end, I like it, just hope its not as rusted as the pics look. my new project is a euro brilliant rot euro car too!

Comment

believe that if you want with your small valves! its not any faster or more powerful.
              on the other end, I like it, just hope its not as rusted as the pics look. my new project is a euro brilliant rot euro car too!
              incorrect. the 320 head on an eta block makes more power than a 325i. ive seen proof. why would it not? high comp. and larger displacement. the valves are smaller yes but the ports are larger (as big as the "i" and have port runners designed to keep the velocity up and the air flowing)
              I did not have the time to build an engine other wise i would have used the 320 head, 323i cam and european early eta 11:1 compression pistons :!: not only that but the valve springs in the 320 head are single valve springs designed for 7k rpm. look it up different part number than the eta and the "i". awsome awsome head.

Comment

Originally posted by screamingbmwe30
                incorrect. the 320 head on an eta block makes more power than a 325i. ive seen proof. why would it not? high comp. and larger displacement. the valves are smaller yes but the ports are larger (as big as the "i" and have port runners designed to keep the velocity up and the air flowing)
                I did not have the time to build an engine other wise i would have used the 320 head, 323i cam and european early eta 11:1 compression pistons :!: not only that but the valve springs in the 320 head are single valve springs designed for 7k rpm. look it up different part number than the eta and the "i". awsome awsome head.
                Designed but not able :nice:
                a weak head IMO and less reliable

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                1997 E36 328iT
                1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

the 320 head is absolute junk!!! tell me something when you have driven a bunch of 320i motored cars. I have had quite a few of them and they all sucked. like the picture above, I have destructed plenty of 2.0 motors, and the rocker arms break like no tomorrow--weak ass single valve springs. I have all of the parts you have mentioned readilly available here in germany, and I would never bother wasting time to put that junk together.

Comment

well. you obviously have more experience with them than i do. thank you for the information :D

Comment

If you were to feel like selling those bumps let me know.

Great find though.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Re:

Rust, what rust. It's was cheap and unique. I basically gave it away so someone would finish it....little did I know I would have to rebuild it for free for the new owner. :)

I'll give you ugly for now....Runs good though. Has better 1/8 mile times than any other stock M20 I've ever seen.

Comment

bah, im the one who slaved over this car.and i basically had to pull the previous owner's teeth out to get my free parts i mean c'mon. :P

Comment

bah, im the one who slaved over this car.and i basically had to pull the previous owner's teeth out to get my free parts i mean c'mon. :P
                            Just keep the grilles black, for God's sake. :D
                            Trevor Ely
                            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Re:

bah, i basically had to pull the previous owner's teeth out to get my free parts. :P
                              Replace "free" with stolen. :shock: or are you planning on bringing them back.

Comment

Working...
                              X