Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From subaru to e30 convert

Current state:

I've always enjoyed bmws, particularly e36 and e30 models. So after getting rid of my subaru dd, I found a decent 318is to drive around and slowly modify to my liking. Anyways, I haven't done much to the e30 yet, just wheel bearings, fluid changes and the cheap volvo lip. But I'm sure i'll be dropping money into it here and there.

My past subaru and current NASA ST2 in-progress build:

Old DD/monthly track events (17x9.5 +38 rpf1 W/ 255 nt01 & 18x9.5 +27 w/ 265 rs3s):

And my ST2 chassis. Hopefully be finishing this up within the end of the year

the thread if anyone is interested:

and finally, the e30:

I'm happy with it so far, gets nice gas mileage and will be a fun car to mess around with.
    Last edited by d_elson0; 12-09-2012, 08:59 AM.

nice.....but the volvo lip looks bad

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
    ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
    Originally posted by JakeP
    with a coathanger

Comment

yeah, the Volvo lip doesn't flow very well

Comment

good to see your car posted homie... I think we are slightly homo for both having GD chassis Imprezas and white 318is' hahaha
        GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

I like the Subarus a LOT. I think you should reconsider the volvo lip though. Save 110 for an IS or 65 or so for an I lip.

Comment

I know. Its better than nothing I think though. One day i'll get the stock is lip. Again, majority of my money and time is getting thrown at the caged chassis at the moment. Just trying not to get carried away with the e30 for the time being.

ps grippy: we are just cool. I miss the subaru though, but it will be a beast when it is done.

Comment

Mmmm Enkei RPF1's

I must has some...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

we are definitely cool brother haha

I need to start my 318is thread too. I feel like I should at least put the race springs on first.

What wheels are you planning for your 318? They better be at least 8" and low offset ;)
                GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Ill prob do race springs and e90 drops for the time being... Wheels will definitely be at least 8's... But again, probably not for a while. Spending on the race car needs to be 98% of where my extra funds go... at least till I can get it painted.

Car is so much nicer w/ quiet wheel bearings. Just need to do trans/ rear diff fluids. Its nice messing around with a car again, I forgot what it was like.
                  Last edited by d_elson0; 08-07-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

sick scooby snack. i see a great future for this thirty.

Comment

at least doing plugs won't be a bitch anymore haha.... i came from the evo world, welcome to the 30 game!
                      Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
                      Contact Bimmerbuddies for all your Parts and service needs
                      M20,24V,5spdSwap,Weld,Fab,Tow,Buy/Sell/Trade
                      Bimmerbuddies LLC
                      717-388-1256
                      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057

*Ask about discounts for R3V members*

Comment

re move volvo lip NOW! even i ordered an IS from pelican and got it shipped over here to aust! if i can afford it you can too!!!

is's are fun! looks clean and exactly like mine :P

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

I want an evo 6 BAD
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

if you must have that lip on. please flip it the right direction
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            But of course
                            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Sweet another 318is owner in Cali. Welcome

-NICK

Comment

Working...
                              X