The trusty ole' 87 eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trusty ole' 87 eta

This has been my only vehicle for 6 or 7 years.

With a tow hitch and a roof rack I call it my SUV - I've towed my boat with it, moved my GF 30 miles with it, etc.

87 325 (eta), pretty much stock
    -OBC added
    -AC and PS removed
    -Added a cheap turbo muffler when the stock one rusted out
    -Came with comfort seats, swapped them for sport seats which I reupholstered myself (took forever, came out OK - many lessons learned)
    -ES front airdam with no-name fogs
    -Tucked rear diving board
    -Repainted probably 8 or 9 years ago (originally silver or bronzit I guess), unknown rear spoiler from previous owner
    -I've probably done a lot of little things over the years that I've forgotten about

-Turbo body roll and infinite slowness, 4 candlepower sealed beam headlights :???:

(interior shot isn't working - WTF imageshack??)

(AutoX from a few years ago)

Open to suggestions on how to make it suck less - Can't justify spending lots of money on an eta, and I no longer have the time and garage space to do major work. I've considered a shadowline and some other stuff, maybe a chip if I came across a really good deal, but really I should fix some other stuff first (like changing the driveshaft for the one that's been sitting in the trunk for 6 months)

Also, Any ideas on how much I could sell this for? Thinking of going to a e30 325i/is or old 5 series.
    Last edited by Gubernaculum; 07-11-2011, 03:56 PM.

A well sorted, chipped eta is funner than a stock 325i imho.

I rebuilt one and love it with a Jim C chip and the lsd.
    sigpic

Comment

When I had my ETA the best thing I did to it was M-tech wheel and suspension... That was about it, oh yeas a lot of maintenance done to it.
      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Unbolt the spoiler and toss it. The seats look really nice, good job tackling the upholstery job yourself!

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

nice esvalence

Comment

your fuckn awesome!, nice towing pics!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
              Unbolt the spoiler and toss it. The seats look really nice, good job tackling the upholstery job yourself!
              Thanks for the props on the seats. It wasn't THAT hard, it just took a long time. I wrote notes on the back side of the vinyl as to where the pieces went, then the sharpie bled thru slightly over time - there's one lesson to share with r3v - use chalk instead. Also, I triple stitched the bolsters and double stitched most seams... double and single would have been fine.

The spoiler's here to stay given the holes in the decklid and not knowing the condition of the paint underneath the base. Maybe if I repaint it John Deere Green (joking - sort of).

Still curious about the value of the beast. $1700 or so? $17,000 after e30 2 Fast e30 2 Furious comes out?

Comment

Working...
              X