They say all good things come to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
    Definitely wouldn't be worth the cost imo. It would require a respray, or at least close to a full respray...

May as well pick up a new clean shell and spray that.
    More importantly I don't think the chassis will ever be straight again. Good thing there are lots of E30's out there!
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      D'ya want the left side of my black car?
      Possibly. I just need to see where this all goes with insurance and what not. I'll give you a call tomorrow or tuesday about the lawyer situation. My phone is fucked and dead so I need to go to the sprint store and get a new one tomorrow.

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
      dude, is the b pillar completely damaged? i can chop of mine from my part out car if you want and you can replace that panel with a straight one. oh and i also have the door. pm me.
      Yeah the b pillar is fubar'ed. I really appreciate the offer man but it would be a hassle to get it from where you are to here so I'll stick with some local parts

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
      this!
      if it gets totalled buy it back. get a clean shell and swap parts over.
      OR get the panels form one of the guys that offered them to you and clean it, pick your favorite color and repaint the sumbitch!

trust, after this is over you will love this car SOOOO much more. and when you are rolling in class to get a sandwhich IN it after all the work you put in...damn you feel like the man!

GOOD LUCK BRAH!
      Thats the plan! Too much good shit on the car left to just give up. I'll either find a way to bring it back to life or swap the shit into a clean shell. I don't think my love for the car could be any greater than it already is though! thanks for the kind words though bro

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
      be glad you aren't hurt though, and if unsure, get checked out. some car accidents, even if they may appear to not be so dramatic, can have shitty effects. I was rear ended at a dead stop by a guy speeding two months ago. Got a concussion, severe whiplash, and my spine got a tiny bit hurt. sob story short, headaches every day, drowsiness, dizziness, and not being able to workout fucking blows. It really can be a damper on one's summer. /rant.

oh and props on wanting to rebuild. I'm going to rebuild mine too, gonna need a new quarter panel, and all that bullshit..but if a car means a lot to you, it's worth it. my dad bought mine brand new, and i literally grew up with it. it's like part of the family.
      I've been to the chiropractor already and had x-rays. On top of that shit. Chiro says I strained a muscle in my upper back/neck, so I'll see where that goes with the settlement.

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
      Glad you're not hurt. That's a rough hit in a terrible spot.
      Read above comment. sprained muscle in the upper back/neck :(

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
      More importantly I don't think the chassis will ever be straight again. Good thing there are lots of E30's out there!
      Yeah the car was moved sideways a good few feet so I figure there is probly structural damage I cant even see yet so if thats the case I'll be swapping parts into a new dirty 30
      '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
      '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
      '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Yeah dude strain city right here. I'm in my 5th(?) week of P.T and things start to feel a little better by then. Hang in there, its gonna suck for the first few weeks, then it'll slowly start getting better

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
          I was just getting started on it too. I had big plans for it.

I was gonna take away the stupid drift fanboy stuff from it (stickers, wheels, wing, etc.) for more proper euro parts
          Hey don't hate on that Hartge spoiler... :P

Really sorry to see this man. :( Seriously SUCKS big time.
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            yikes.
            GL with the insurance runaround.
            Fuck that.

Hire Rich Milham, in Gig Harbor. Best lawyer to represent your E30, ever.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
              swap the shit into a clean shell.

Yeah the car was moved sideways a good few feet so I figure there is probly structural damage I cant even see yet so if thats the case I'll be swapping parts into a new dirty 30
              at which point I still want the core support.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

that really doesnt look that bad to get that car back on the road. for someone that can weld, a half of the 1/4 with b pillar is a 1 weekend with a few cases of beer job, a new door, and a bit of paint. I would take the insurance money and look for a body guy that does side work out of his garage to do up the rear, and a used door can be had for 50 dollars easily.

sure the car will no longer be exactly like it was, but it can still be drivable and decent looking for a pretty cheap price if you know a few of the right people...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                  that really doesnt look that bad to get that car back on the road. for someone that can weld, a half of the 1/4 with b pillar is a 1 weekend with a few cases of beer job, a new door, and a bit of paint. I would take the insurance money and look for a body guy that does side work out of his garage to do up the rear, and a used door can be had for 50 dollars easily.

sure the car will no longer be exactly like it was, but it can still be drivable and decent looking for a pretty cheap price if you know a few of the right people...
                  I concur, totally fixable. Measure twice cut once. The reward of Resurrection is sweet.
                  sigpic
                  Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    Yeah dude strain city right here. I'm in my 5th(?) week of P.T and things start to feel a little better by then. Hang in there, its gonna suck for the first few weeks, then it'll slowly start getting better
                    yeah the pain is not all that bad, but there nonetheless so I will be seeing the chiropractor for about 2-3 months.

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                    Hey don't hate on that Hartge spoiler... :P

Really sorry to see this man. :( Seriously SUCKS big time.
                    For the $50 i picked it up from you, there is no hate. I love the wing actually, its just that paint does NOT adhere to it at all so it never looks good. Thanks though!

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    at which point I still want the core support.
                    right. its all yours luke. :D

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post

Only problem is, once there is a new b pillar welded in, the car will LOOK just like new, but get hit there again and who knows what could happen. Anytime you do some body work like that it will be structurally weaker. Good thing im the driver I guess :D

I've got a lot of connections and friends with connections in the auto industry so I'll be able to pull this off hopefully!
                    '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                    '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                    '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

I would just buy a new shell and swap everything.

Originally posted by Ryan...
                      It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear this. My daughter backed our Durango (family car for the 5 kidsw) into the rear driver's side quarter pane on my car. Mine's totally fixable, but I'm still just gutted. When I first saw the damage, I couldn't speak for 15 minutes.

Good luck with the insurance stuff. I really hope you come out of this OK.
                        Originally posted by LJ851
                        kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                        ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                        #teamross
                        Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Having been t-boned similar to that except on the driver's side, I can relate to the feeling of loss when you first see the damage. That said, salvage it. My cabby got whacked pretty hard too, and when the B-pillar and quarter panel were removed and replaced, it cleaned up quite nicely. This is hardly the end, its a chance to revive and rebuild. Getting it back from the body shop sparked the beginning of my mods, and the chance to work with a fresh slate may provide the inspiration for you too.

Comment

how fast was she coming at you?

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I have had my e30 nearly as long, kudos to you for keeping your calm and not biting her head off. I would have. Hope you can get it all back together.

Comment

Working...
                              X