My '91 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '91 318is

Hey guys, I've been part of r3v for a year and I just started posting things and stopped being such a noobie on this site. I didn't really think that I should post my car up cuz its not as nice as some of the others on here hah. But I said screw it and want to show what I got.

I'm 18 years old. Just graduated. This is my second e30 in two years. My first car and e30 was an '85 318i that i bought for under $500. It had a lot of issues an turned out to be costing me and my dad more than what we intended. So she is now on stands in our shop being the part out car. Last January my dad found this clean '91 318is for under $1500. I loved it at first sight. This car is what I have always wanted. Well color anyway but its a great car just needs some more loving to it then the previous owner. Me and my dad changed out the suspension. She has KYB shocks on it and we installed tweeters and factory speakers in the back. Cleaned the carpet out and made her look a lot better!

*UPDATE* Just put on my H&R Sport springs soo now she is riding low! I have put in a new shift/e-brake boot. Leather with BMW stitching and put a leather e-brake hande on. I just got my fog lights and M-Tech I steering wheel. Haven't put those last two on but will shortly. Oh and also putting on a new magnaflow this weekend!

*UPDATE*Today just got my new exhaust and chrome tip on my car! Sounds money and looks REALLY good!

*UPDATE*Just posted pics of my new interior. Check it out on page 3

*NEW* IS lip is finally on. Check last page.

So here she is. Hope u like it. If not. Tough.

This is what I'm going to do with the rest of some of the pieces on the engine like the face template

Planning on getting a new passenger side fender for it

When we bought it from the previous owner he said that someone had broken into the car and broke the key hole but it still works but looks like shit

Also planning on getting new front and rear valance bumpers for her

And the newest project for her is putting on my new H&R sports soon soo she is lower ;) Then also getting some floor mats.

Well like I said she isn't the best looking but is a work in progress! Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by !AjHoWzA!; 01-24-2012, 04:41 PM.
    '91 318is

Sweet cup holder.

Comment

great deal for $1500

Comment

Effing bronzit, dumped on sportmaxxxors and super stretch tires, you are right, it looks like shit. :p

Actually it's pretty damn clean.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Thanks guys!
          '91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            Effing bronzit, dumped on sportmaxxxors and super stretch tires, you are right, it looks like shit. :p

Actually it's pretty damn clean.
            Haha bronzit can suck my...oh hey ya thanks man :D

jp bronzit looks sick
            '91 318is

Comment

Looks pretty sick, I would've killed for a 318is in high school. Congrats.
              -Nick
              Originally posted by 87e30
              First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
                Looks pretty sick, I would've killed for a 318is in high school. Congrats.
                Thanks! Ya it was awesome at my school cuz driving into the parking lot all these kids had really nice cars and newer BMW's and I come up in mine and it's like hell ya. I'm the only kid here with an E30 but ya its funn
                '91 318is

Comment

Keep cleaning it up, looks great.
                  sigpic

Comment

Def.has alot of potential, looks clean!
                    Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Welcome to the addiction !!
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Looks identical to mine when i bought it. Hello from washington!

Comment

Thanks guys! And ya going to be doing a lot to this car when I start making more mula.

Aha! Another Warshingtonian. I've been to Tacoma lots of time cuz of baseball but ya love the white on e30's
                          '91 318is

Comment

318is the poor mans E30 m3. Needs more ohlins and more boost!
                            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                            The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
                              318is the poor mans E30 m3. Needs more ohlins and more boost!
                              Got that right!!

But I deal with what I got and I love what I have ;)
                              '91 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X