back from germany, and a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back from germany, and a new car

so i have reurned from germany. sadl i couldnt bring Eva back. some of you may remember that sweet euro spec e34 from a previous thread,

and the ridiculous deal i got on it! well time for another...

i have been back in the country since june 2, and looking for something to satisfy my appetite, as well as find something remotel affordable and fun. i was mainl looking at e30's, e28's and possibly another e34, since i have gobs of euro spec parts coming back over.. eventually i found this beauty and purchased it on the 12th. ladies and gents i present to you my new find! its a 98 540i with 6 speed getrag in green. i dont know what the factory color actually is. i picked it up for 3,600 off of this 17 year old kid who had bought it for cheap off of a family member, had it for 3 months and decided it was too much power/car for him...and bought an eg honda civic instead...wtf?!! what a deal!

known mods include chip, intake, 2.5in exhaust, "suspension" (although it feels more like stock springs with upgraded roll bars), hamann spoiler, ac schnitzer shift knob, a prett nice dvd/cd/mp3/radio, and 7000k HID low beams and fog lights. oh and some horrendous wheels.

there are a few blemishes. the leather is pretty dirty, but in good shape minus a small tear in the drivers side, drivers side window motor reg is toast and needs replaced. it has a few blemishes on the exterior and 2nd gear snchro is a little bit torn up so wants to grind going in at low rpms.

cracked front bumper

rear bumper needs a bracket

first project after getting the drivers side window up and secured (black duct tape ftw lol) was getting started on cleaning the leather. it is proving to be some serious hard work, but with good results. bought some mother's vinyl, leather and rubber cleaner and set to work on the passengers side seat with a microfiber towel and a medium bristle brush.
    results below
    seat bolster done.

interior with passengers seat done and partial center console done

overall i am rather impressed with the car!! loving the 4.4l v8 and it is becoming increasingly fun to drive...as well as avoid a speeding ticket. :p the PO claimed 350 hp, which i am somewhat unsure of, so dyno results as soon as i get around to it!!! definitely feels like somewhere in the 300hp range. the only word to describe her, other than heavy (tipping the scales at 3750!!!!) is effortless. effortless in everything it does!

plans include some minor things such as repairing the cosmetic work and updating headlights and tails, fixing the d. side window. throwing my ac schnitzer type I's on with a proper fitment as soon as the get here.

if anone has some ac centercaps that would fit my type I's, i am in need of a set!

going to be keeping my eye out for an extra 420G Getrag. i will probably be working on another suspension setup as well as possibly an m5 diff as well. i am toying with the idea of doing a supercharger and some engine work, but that wont be for a while.

98 540 MSport
    89 325 ix

Congrats on the rice.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

at first i thought it was a civic lol.

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

Congrats on the pickup. Got yourself a little project there. This 540i would have been mighty sweet on the Autobahn. :D

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Revert it to stock or kill it with fire... please.

Comment

idk how to feel about those borbets.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

You need some amber corners, and some m-pars, then it'll be instantly sexy.
              and ditch that bling wing

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Congrats on the find. Hope you're able to save it from it's Honda-esque-ness. lol, I got my E34 from K-town.

Comment

Nice find man!

Comment

eh.
                    Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Is that a phone inside? I want how much haha.

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna be the odd man out and say, I like the car. The wing looks like an e36 ltw wing. The wheels are meh.

Comment

The wheels are the only thing that I don't like.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

wow u got a nice deal off that kid. stupid kid didnt what he had. unless maybe there are any drivetrain issues

Comment

nice find, fix her up and youll have a neckbreaker

e24 e9 e30
                              IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Working...
                              X