Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy and his Hooptie ( Pic Heavy ) =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy and his Hooptie ( Pic Heavy ) =)

What's up hombres, I'm Navid, 20 years old, and I fell in love with e30s.

Sold this a few months ago when the manual transmission blew at 90k miles...

I wanted something classic and timeless so I started looking into e30s. Bought this with 220k miles on it but needed work for 1500 from a guy 20 minutes away from me who happens to be a porsche mechanic.

Day 1 still in hiss driveway.

Interior=Trashed.

I had plans to have everything re-upholstered but one day A friend and I were bored so we visited a local junkyard and the first thing we see is an identical e30 vert with a blown motor and bad automatic transmission. Luckily had a very good interior. Picked it up for 200 and got it towed home.

So I basically swapped every part that was better on the parts car to my car in one day with some friends. best.day.ever.

Then got rid of the shell

Sorry i don't have pictures of the new interior, but i will be posting them soon.

Next was body work. Luckily I have a gangsta friend going to school for body work that was able to help me do all of the necessary body work

Next was paint. We painted it in his garage with prowler red paint. Turned out better than we both expected. And after a few cans of primer and black trim paint, I got the grill, molding, and other black pieces looking new. And eventually...

I've always been interested in working on cars, but never having the tools/facilities to do so, i never did. But I bought myself a 400pc mechanic tool box set and thought that this e30 would be a perfect place to start and it really is. Luckily it runs like a champ and doesn't need any motor work for now but somethings I have done to it by myself are both maintenance mods and "fun" mods. Jom coilovers ( extremely satisfied with these by the way and they've been on for over 3000 miles so far) transmission mounts, coolant flush, transmission flush, differential flush, spark plug change,tucked bumpers and brakes for now. And this is what a newb with decent tools and common sense is capable of. I love this car.
    Hope you guys like it and I look forward to hearing suggestions/criticism/comments.

Nice work!

Comment

Nice work, lookin fresh, time for some plastic bumpers. Id like to see more pics of that interior
      E30 buildy things
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

looks great!

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

WOW. nice job on the paint! defintely try to go euro/mtech1 bumpers

Comment

Originally posted by navid41691 View Post
            can i get an awesome pop-a-wheelee sig for this man?!?!!?!?

LOL
            but in all seriousness great transformation, i saw your old car and i thought this was going to be the worst e30 build ever......
            but went much better than expected, with some nice wheels on there you got a clean ass ride, even with the diving boards.

Comment

Very nice work! Not sure how I fell about the rockers below the doors being body color, makes the car look kinda funny/thick in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post

LOL
                but in all seriousness great transformation, i saw your old car and i thought this was going to be the worst e30 build ever......
                but went much better than expected, with some nice wheels on there you got a clean ass ride, even with the diving boards.

Yeah I know, my taste in cars has changed significantly since I was 18 lol.

And guys, I really wanted plastic bumpers but the tucked diving boards kinda grew on me =/

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                  Very nice work! Not sure how I fell about the rockers below the doors being body color, makes the car look kinda funny/thick in the center.
                  it looks like a fat dog :rofl:

Comment

for a homebrew paint job it came out pretty nice..

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                      I was hoping it would help make the car look lower :?

Comment

great another NJ member nice job i liek how the paint came out for rattle can! maybe one day we can meet up i do a vert in black. oh and in that junk yard were there any other e30s?

Comment

I broke my neck multiple times looking at those pics. But awesome work man! Its looking very nice.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by kcoelhoe30 View Post
                            great another NJ member nice job i liek how the paint came out for rattle can! maybe one day we can meet up i do a vert in black. oh and in that junk yard were there any other e30s?
                            Hahaha the body was painted with a compressor/spray gun, but the trim pieces I did with a rattle can. No there weren't any other e30s and i've been checking frequently and nothing yet. I got really really luck with that one.

Comment

Hi my name is Matt and I am addicted to E30. Welcome to the addiction!
                              450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Working...
                              X