9 hours of detailing paint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 hours of detailing paint!

Woke up at 9 o'clock with plans to detail the exterior of my car. I went to the store and picked up A Mothers California gold clay bar kit as my car had gotten a good amount of grit and dirt on it from the road being striped and paved in front of my house. I Finished clay baring and WOW smooth as glass! Next I reached for some NU Finish Scratch doctor! This stuff surprised me it worked very well on light surface scratches and swirl marks, a noticeable difference. After that was complete I used Zymol cleaner wax if any of you are out there that use Zymol you know how this stuff attracts any and every bug!! lol I than hosed off the car and buffed lightly with a terry cloth to seal the wax. NU Finish Once A Year Polish was up next, I had never used this product before it worked well. After the polish I grabbed some Miguiars Ultimate Paste Wax and just Finished as the light began to fade and before the rain. A total of 9 hours later the car really shines and my exterior detail is almost complete! Here are a few pictures I took of the paint, Never got a chance to take any pictures of the final product it was to dark.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zerokid5555; 09-11-2011, 05:47 PM.

hood
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zerokid5555; 09-05-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Paint looks pretty good. Needs bigger tires or spacers and lots more low though IMO.

Comment

cloudy
          Attached Files

Comment

I need to do this with my paint, but I dread doing it.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by DREWHALL View Post
              Paint looks pretty good. Needs bigger tires or spacers and lots more low though IMO.
              Thanks, I never got the chance to take a picture when I finished it was to dark out! Those tires are 205/40/16's. I have 205/50/16's tires and a set of h&r sports on the way! Although the car sits much lower than it looks in this picture, It on uneven ground
              Last edited by zerokid5555; 09-14-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                Honestly, once you start its not that bad. Does wonders for your paint. As well as machine polish and wax.
                From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
                Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

looks great man!
                  GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                    lol I feel you man, it was a lot of work I kid you not 9 hours of it. I just kept telling my self your almost there! And like "KamakaziX" said, once you start its not that bad. I actually enjoy doing it although today I bit off a little more than I could chew!

Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
                    looks great man!
                    Thank you

Comment

wow def going to do this

Comment

clay bar was possibly the most satisfying thing i've ever done.
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

wow looks awesome

Comment

Love this one!

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                            clay bar was possibly the most satisfying thing i've ever done.
                            Honestly this was the first time I ever calyed a car and I agree with you 100 percent!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! Looks really good. And feels good after doing all this haha. I still need to clay my car and wax and polish her up. But good job
                              '91 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X