Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosses 8 second beast (Warning!!! Non-e30 related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosses 8 second beast (Warning!!! Non-e30 related)

Well I just started a job at a machine shop this week building mostly V8 motors and Nissan RB30 engines. I'm only a first year apprentice hopefully I can pick up the skills quick and be able to build a nice motor for myself.
    I know this isn't related to our beloved e30, but I thought heck we all love cars and I'm thinking about putting in one of these motors in my car.

Onto the details...

Car: Holden Commodore VL turbo wagon
    Engine: Nissan Rb30det (came out factory in these cars)
    Internals: ? Not sure of exact details but this motor has basically had everything done to make it stronger and more powerful.
    Turbo: Garrett GT40/42
    Manifold: Custom built at our shop along with the intake plenum
    Software: Microtech lt8
    Exhaust: 3.5" stainless steel turbo back system with gutted out cat and hi flow muffler
    Drivetrain: Fully manualized auto with transbrake and standard borgwarner rear diff with a full spool and 3.45 final drive
    Other mods: Roll cage, Centreline Convo Pro wheels with Mickey thompson street semi-slicks

Goals are for this car is to run high 8 seconds down the 1/4 mile. Last night it just got tuned and put down 564whp on pump fuel untill it maxed out the 2 bar map sensor map sensor. My boss thinks it should make 620whp with the larger 4 bar map sensor. He is also has the car 90% ready for e85 so we think it could make 750whp which we'll be using when we take it to the strip.
    Photos:

This is still a street car he drives it into work every now and then. But not too often just so he doesn't cop too much attention from the police down here.
    Here is an e30 to keep you guys smiling. My e30 infact.

I have a donar shell at home, that I hope to put one of these rb30 motors into. Not as this one though crazy though.
    Give me your thoughts

clean E30.

That's a lot of power for a car that looks like a Chevy Celebrity.

Consequently, I found this picture, which I am going to go ahead and post up. It is a Chevy Celebrity.

Comment

Oh I see you've posted a Celebrity right there.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Nice car, Im a big Nissan Guy, Thats an RB30ET though not DET ( D stands for Dual CAM )

Sick car none the less!!
        DG.

13 328i F30 6MT Tuned
        95 325i E36 5MT Vert
        89 325is ( sold )
        92 Sentra SE-R SR20DET
        - DET Build Thread
        sigpic

Comment

I rather have your stock E30.

Comment

apprenticeship is a lost art here in america :(
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
              Nice car, Im a big Nissan Guy, Thats an RB30ET though not DET ( D stands for Dual CAM )

Sick car none the less!!
              Yeah your right. My bad.

I know this car isn't to everyone's tastes. I see a bit of the Chevy Celebrity. The Chev looks a bit longer and flatter for some reason. the VL is a bit more boxy at the back it doesn't slope as much like the Chevy does

Comment

Nothing wrong with a badass inline the RB is.. Hell we all drive em mostly as well :)
                DG.

13 328i F30 6MT Tuned
                95 325i E36 5MT Vert
                89 325is ( sold )
                92 Sentra SE-R SR20DET
                - DET Build Thread
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  clean E30.

That's a lot of power for a car that looks like a Chevy Celebrity.

Consequently, I found this picture, which I am going to go ahead and post up. It is a Chevy Celebrity.

I've been looking for more celebrity gossip on R3v
                  The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

Did you guys ever get the rb30 motor in the US?
                    I really like a motor like this in one of my e30's. They're dirt cheap. Hard as nails and exhaust manifolds are on the otherside of the head meaning that the dump pipe shouldn't be hard to fit since there isn't a RHD steering shaft in the way. And my work rebuilds them so it should be good.

Comment

looks like it goes hard!!! you going to get it up on the dyno??

98 540 MSport
                      89 325 ix

Comment

It did last Wednesday. It put down 565whp on pump gas but it ran out of mapping on its 2 bar map sensor. So a bigger 4 bar map sensor and e85 fuel should hopefully push it up to 650whp. His main aim though is to hit the 8 second 1/4 time, he even is gonna set up some Nitrous in his car this week. If he can't hit the 8 second mark. It's kinda cheating but who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by IS300E30 View Post
                          I rather have your stock E30.
                          You're dumb. That thing is such a beast.
                          -Erik
                          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

man them vl's find there bloody way onto every forum. BOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            jks can't beat them down here in aus

Comment

Hey I'm not a bogan. I certainly don't rock southern cross seat covers.
                              I started work at this shop and the boss decided to come in this car. I admit I'm in love with VL commodores but this one IMO deserves to be put on any forum. 24 years on and there are still only few street cars that can keep up with one for the money you pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X