My 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 318is

I've finally gotten my car to a point where I like it so I figured I'd share. I bought this car 4-5 months ago for dirt cheap, I've had to replace almost every bearing/bushing on the car but it is running great now and is a great DD. I don't have too many pictures, but it's got JOM coilovers, XXR 002's 16x8 205/45's, and a few other modifications (i'll be losing the volvo lip soon and getting a proper lip).

Before:

After:

Very nice. Love me some slicktop 318is
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
    :shock:

Comment

you saved that hoe!
      GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

I'm running the same wheels...

what kind of a roll did you do overall"?
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

It looks great! Those wheels and coilovers are just perfect. I noticed in your before pictures that you had very faded paint on the hood and some panels. My brilliantrot is doing the exact same, did it just polish out?

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

Looks very good
            -Ray

Comment

LOOKS NICE,IM LOVING IT:p

Comment

Most reds clean up really well.

Red mirrors would make it look a lot better.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                  I'm running the same wheels...

what kind of a roll did you do overall"?
                  I've rolled the front and back just a bit to get these to fit, it didn't really require much of a roll.

Originally posted by JRYE30 View Post
                  It looks great! Those wheels and coilovers are just perfect. I noticed in your before pictures that you had very faded paint on the hood and some panels. My brilliantrot is doing the exact same, did it just polish out?
                  Yep, just used a wool pad, some sort of meguirs polish (can't remember), and a good wax. It took awhile to get all the haze cleared off but it cleaned up well.

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                  Most reds clean up really well.

Red mirrors would make it look a lot better.
                  I'm with you on this, i'm trying to find an exact match to brilliantrot so I can do the mirrors...

Comment

thanks, I'll definately give that a try

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

Originally posted by blacksport325 View Post
                      I've rolled the front and back just a bit I'm with you on this, i'm trying to find an exact match to brilliantrot so I can do the mirrors...
                      paintscratch.com sells matched-by-code paints. I don't know how close it can get to 20 year old sun-loved paint. I've used them before and got an exact match for 2000 Porsche Slate gray (on my subaru) and Milano Maroon (Dad's '65 vette, resprayed 20 years ago), but sees maybe 150 hours of sun per year.

My hellrot 318is was only resprayed 3 years ago or so, the paintscratch touchup paint is an exact match.

Just food for thought. Your car looks bitchin, and awesome restoration on the hood's paint!
                      1991 BMW 318is, mild SOLD | 1996 Subaru Impreza Wagon(STi V2 replica), inferno spicy

Comment

That's one hell of a turn around, great work!

Comment

Working...
                        X