My new car, '84 Eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new car, '84 Eta

Just got this last night from a local seller. I know he's a member here, but I don't identify him unless he wants to pipe up.

So far, I'm in love. This is my first BMW and it's just great to drive.

I've got a list of small minor things that need fixing, but as far as I can see, it's mechanically sound.

awesome car! can't wait to see what you do with it.

Comment

Henna is so sexy...I must have one...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Please please please find Euro bumpers for it! It looks like a pretty clean car. A nice wax would do it wonders. How many miles?

Comment

very cool buy!
          GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
            Please please please find Euro bumpers for it! It looks like a pretty clean car. A nice wax would do it wonders. How many miles?
            Odometer is frozen at 184x. Previous owner estimates 200k.

I was reading through the FAQ and it seems euro bumpers won't fit onto pre-88 cars without heavy modification? Did I misunderstand?

I'll be getting a new set of tires and having the local Euro shop go over the car on Monday. It'll get a good cleaning and waxing next week when I have more time.

Comment

metal euro bumpers will fit onto 84-88 cars, as long as they dont have plastic bumpers to begin with.

Comment

Ooh, just saw them. They do look good. I'll put it on "The List". ;)

Comment

Plastics are the ones that require some modification. The ones you want are a direct swap.

Comment

Looks just like my eta when I bought it a few years back. With a little love and effort you will have a great looking, great driving car.

I went the Euro-Bump route, and I would never go back...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Mmmm Henna, nice.

Comment

Congrats, I just got my first BMW too. I smile each and every time I drive it :)
                        sigpic

Comment

I would kill for a clean 2 door Hennarot . Lots of potential, good find.
                          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Very nice! Looks like you found a keeper dude
                            '91 318is

Comment

just think, you have one of the oldest E30s on this site! cool car. lower it, 15" weaves, and polish the crap out of it, and it will be one of the coolest on here too!

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON A SET OF TIRES FOR THOSE WHEELS!

Comment

Working...
                              X