Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babe, the blue ox (not an e30).

Scooped this up, and got it all legal today;

1994 Suburban 1500, 212k, and a salvage title. Complete with bondo, rust, terrible gas mileage (compared to the e30 anyway), ridiculous visors & fender flares everywhere, and most importantly for my intents and purposes, four wheel drive and lots of space for gear, friends, and dogs. Last winter I DD'ed the e30, and while it was liveable in the mountains of Colorado, it did suck driving a lowered, rwd car when we got more than 4" of snow, which is about 4 days a week up in Winter Park. Prior to that I had a 100cs wagon, and a S4, so we'll see how I like the BIG(!), AMERICAN(!!!) truck. Now the e30 is on nice day duty only, which I'm excited about. I'm not entirely sure why it has salvage status, but the frame looks straight, so based on the bondo I'm guessing some kind of body damage. Who knows, I do know that it runs good & drives straight, so it'll get me where I need to go when the white stuff is on the ground.
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

That's badass! My dad has a '97 Tahoe with probably 270k miles on it.
    -Erik
    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Yeah, from what I've read this generation is not without issues, but they sure as hell do seem to run forever! 220k or more is common.
      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Love the guy in a t-shirt across the street. 5 inches of snow in October blah i flick my nose at you.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yuck, snow. Just started here yesterday.
          EG Hatch- ITR Powered, 4 door Gs-R-stock, 89' 325i

Comment

Just hit 220k on mine. Runs like a champ still.

#30 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
            We need friends

Comment

After driving it a bit, I love it! Cruises on the highway like a dream, putts around town comfortably, and handles pretty well, albeit for a fucking giant ass SUV with tires with miles of sidewall. I just discovered the gas tank has a 42 gallon capacity, holy cock sandwich! That's 30 gallons more than the e30! I really don't see myself filling it to that level too frequently.

I gotta be honest, I can't leave my cars alone. I kinda want to pull off some of the body stuff, like the deflector thing on the front for sure, then maybe the running boards, and window cover jobbies, but I want to wait a bit to see if I actually like them before I do. I'm looking for a 3" body lift so I can fit 32's or 33's. Damn this addiction. With it being a salvage title, I don't see re-selling it as ever really being "profitable" so I might just have to make it another toy. Fuck me, I have a problem.

Comment

Personally, I would buy a giant suv, more of a truck guy. But that being said nice ride and seek help before your problem consumes you!
                r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

$160 +/- to fill a tank. Ouch lol
                  EG Hatch- ITR Powered, 4 door Gs-R-stock, 89' 325i

Comment

Originally posted by A_Whelan View Post
                    Personally, I would buy a giant suv, more of a truck guy. But that being said nice ride and seek help before your problem consumes you!
                    It is bigger than what I was looking for but, I didn't actually purchase it, per se. I did trade the RV I bought earlier this summer for it, straight up. So...'73 Dodge RV 67,xxx miles and some known & advertised issues for '94 Suburban with 212,xxx and a salvage title. I'm not sure who got the better deal, but I'm happy with what I got on my end. Usually, someone gets the short end of the stick on a straight trade, but I did get a vehicle that serves the purpose I'm looking for; getting me to and from work and the slopes in the 360+ inches of snow that the particular region of CO that I inhabit gets every year, and keeping the e30 out of that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                      Yeah, from what I've read this generation is not without issues, but they sure as hell do seem to run forever! 220k or more is common.
                      how much?... I haul a 94 also... hate that thing!!!! but its comfortable
                      sigpic
                      HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                      " enjoy the show "

Comment

Working...
                      X