Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The e30 replacement, time for a new project.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
    For you to even consider buying an automatic lexus just means the rawness of the e30 just isnt for you, thats all.
    of course it's not. You're talking about a kid who pays other people to do work on his car.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Comment

But guys.... LEXUS!
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Congrats. I drove a 5 speed IS300 a few years ago (same model). Car felt heavy but still sporty. Make sure the belt is changed. I believe it's the same engine found in the GS300 and like E30s, you dont want that belt to snap. They last about 100k. You will need to pull the manifold which is labor intense.

Chip Foose did a varition years ago of an IS430. I believe he mated a 6 speed supra tranny with a gs430 engine (300 hp stock).

The E30 bug never goes away for most but we all need a great balance of other cars to make us apprecaite them even greater. The IS300 wont need anything aside from an actuator or an 02 sensor. You wont be tinkering with the car at all, aside from comestics. It's a toyota (look at the etching on the glass) and a high end toyota at that.

Javier
        Last edited by Javier h; 11-13-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Sold, thanks again for the help.

Comment

this thread makes me sad, why cant you just have both?!!

Comment

we need Banny back for this fail project
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

I love the mob mentality we have when some decides to sell their e30 for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                  I love the mob mentality we have when some decides to sell their e30 for something else.
                  It's really not that, it's him constantly making threads about wanting to change then changing his mind then he goes out and buys a fat toyota and makes a really contradicting thread.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                  VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

suspence went from being hated, to kind of liked, to liked, to hated all within a year it seems like.

and fuck you for buying a toyota
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by e30hijinks
                    I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                      In this case I don't people would have roughed him up quite so badly if he didn't talk up the lexus and slam the e30...on the mother of all e30 boards....while trying to sell the e30.

On a related note: while the car is not for me, IMO its cluster is bangin'.

1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
                      1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
                      1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

^^^^I do like this car and the gauges were right on. I would have to sort out the watch that goes with it.

COTM

Comment

This thread warms my cockles and makes me wanna vomit at the same time, strange feeling... good riddens, you were never good enough to own an E30.

Comment

Originally posted by bwawuz02 View Post
                            you were never good enough to own an E30.
                            /Thread

Comment

Originally posted by walktheboard View Post
                              suspence went from being hated, to kind of liked, to liked, to hated all within a year it seems like.

and fuck you for buying a toyota
                              lol
                              84 318i drift car
                              04 mk4 gti 1.8t
                              96 e320
                              63 plymouth valiant

Comment

Working...
                              X