No announcement yet.

The sickess: 87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed the oil leak - Check this out. It was indeed a failed oil pressure sensor pressurizing the protective tubing over the wiring, squirting oil to the far, random reaches of my engine bay. Crazy shit. Replaced the sensor, no more problems. Can't believe how much oil it leaked (1 qt in 125 miles) before I fixed it. There were 3 distinct leak points on the right side of the engine and 1 on the left side, probably >1 drop per second. All fixed. Here's some photos.
    3 obvious points of leak on the rt side of the engine were a bit at the sensor, some at the windshield washer pump wire near the pump, and a good bit dripping down onto the compressor.

And from the top

This weekend I'll be putting on a new Timing belt and accessory belts.

Already replaced the plugs - they were pretty grungy.

Starts fairly well on the charger now - haven't tried to diagnose the problem - bad battery vs. starter ground issue vs. starter vs. the loose alt belt causing poor charge.

Confirmed that my power window switches were bad by swapping around my sunroof switch. The passenger window doesn't work even with the good switch. Whatever.

Any idea how to get this caked on oily dirt off the wheel/suspension? Purple power and garden hose works some, but doesn't get the thick stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X