a new toy: 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new toy: 318is

this is my new to me 1990 alpine white 318is, it was my brothers but is now mine. Its pretty stock except for a pioneer head unit, BBS basket-weaves, White line sway bars and Bilstein coil overs which ill put on once it hopefully passes its roadworthy tonight. There are a few cosmetic things i want to do including put the 'is ' lip back on and ill change the tires at some point as 205 50s with no power steering at low speeds really hinders the cars feel. I am new to these cars so im really looking forward to learning new things and improving my driving skills.

truck tires are boss like

Comment

That's pretty bad-ass.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

repaint all bumper trim to black. it looks lame body colored.
        same thing with the plate filler. looks lame body colored

but wheels look great. wish i got something similar when i got mines.
        also what is that thing poking out of the passenger keyhole?

Comment

i only got it last night so things like that will come, that's the door lock its got issues. I just pushed it back in for now since the other side and boot still lock the doors. In a few days ill reconnect the remote locking system so i have no need for a key anymore.
          Thanks for the criticism, gives me something to think about.

Comment

What duma said. But noooot bad.

Comment

good times
              -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Welcome. Paint trim black asap, you can do it in one day with 2 rattle cans of paint. Will make the car look 1000 times better.

With the tires I would recommend buying from tirerack.com, I bought some Dunlop Z1 Star Specs 205/50/16 came to around $800 including shipping, not bad for some extreme performance tires you can't even buy down-under.
                sigpic

Comment

nice bbs RA's. always wanted them for my 02.
                  1972 2002Tii

Comment

i wanted a white e30 when i was hunting, yours looks clean. always nice when it comes from someone you know.

which bilstein coilovers do you have on hand to install?
                    sigpic

Comment

thanks, sorry i can't tell you what model they are as they are in storage but when i get around to putting them on ill post a picture;hopefully in the next few weeks.

Comment

Nice to see some man tires after all the euro stretch these days.
                        Welcome and good start!
                        sigpic

Comment

Man tires for sure. Extreme stretch is for bandwagon-jumping pussies. Love the look of the car, and those wheels are super hot. Just paint the bumper trim black like everyone is saying and you're golden.

Comment

Working...
                          X