No announcement yet.

My daily '84 318i m30 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10s seem to be on the rise lately. Nice ride. Clean & simple. It may not be fast or brake at all, but I still love early 318s.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
      M10s seem to be on the rise lately. Nice ride. Clean & simple. It may not be fast or brake at all, but I still love early 318s.
      This is a jaded statement, but these cars have their "charm".
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

M10's are underrated and rare!!!
        Do you notice a difference in handling between an m10 and m20 e30? I bet it has a great turn-in feel.

Lets see some engine bay pics. I like how it looks so small in the e30 engine bay like you can get to anything on it so easily. Looks cool and vintage.
        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

why the need for fancy brakes when you can't go that fast?! haha at least in its 28 year old stock form.

turn in has gotten much better since I put in a rear sway and new springs.

I'll snap a pic of the engine bay this weekend.
          sigpic

Comment

I love all of your pics.
            » PARTS FOR SALE
            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
              thanks! i paid too much. i was desperate for a car and it was my favorite of the 8 or 9 e30's i was scoping out at the time. it's all good, it's become mine and i've grown to love the m10 despite it's lack of power. simple to work on, parts are abundant and cheap. maybe one day when i pick up that 2002 i've always been eying the m10 experience will help me.
              I was just asking cuz im trying to get rid of mine and im asking $1950. With a bumper tuck included!! haha
              IG: @_j.wn

Comment

I paid a little more than that. I should've talked him down but i left my low baller hat at home.
                sigpic

Comment

Amazing car! I love everything about it. Everything. Those wheels are available right from a dealer? I'm looking at replacing my konig remembers with something a tad wider.

Also, my car is an early 318 (84) and previous m10 car, I freaking loved the m10 and sometimes miss it. Unfortunately...it blew up lol. And is still sitting in my garage lol. I don't know what to do w/it and the trans.

Anywho, big thumbs up. Keep rocking the early 318s!! And the bumpers also double for a great place to eat your lunch, or perhaps you could mount a bench vice and make them work benchs Hehehe.

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
                  Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
                  Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    I approve. Just push your bumpers in, it's free to do, and will make a huge difference.
                    fuck that! keep em just the way they are! love it!

Comment

Originally posted by a sucked orange View Post
                      fuck that! Keep em just the way they are! Love it!
                      this.

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
                      Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
                      Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

When I bought my 84 318i 5 years ago it came with Enkei wheels , your car reminds me of mine when I first got it.
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                          When I bought my 84 318i 5 years ago it came with Enkei wheels , your car reminds me of mine when I first got it.
                          Your car was the shit with those enkies, even better than my car with them.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

new to me interior and junkyard mtech1 steering wheel but i don't like it though. it looks sportier but it's the same size as the 4 spoke or at least feels the same to me.

sigpic

Comment

DIY shift boot and ebrake boot. Ebrake boot is too short but the shift boot came out pretty good.

I followed this to try and get the horn to work but no go. It's just blaring on after installing the slip ring.

anyone got any tips on how to get it to work right?
                              Last edited by glnr13; 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Love that color, and so jealous of your blue interior.

Car looks great!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Working...
                                X