No announcement yet.

My '89 325i Sport (M technic 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. I prefer the classic m-tech look, but the Alpina front valance and rear spoiler look great. Seeing your car almost makes me want to replace my m-tech II spoiler with my m-tech I rear spoiler. Staggered Alpinas are awesome too.
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

Comment

Ballin Brit
      1989 M3
      2008 135i 6sp

Comment

Right hand drive fuck ya

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
        Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
        I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Love the seats.
          1988 325ix

Comment

This is what my car aspires to be one day. LOL.

Obviously there are a few things I'd change but I definitely am in the same boat in regards to mtech 1 rear spoiler plus the rest of the mtech 2 kit.

I'm not a big fan of the mtech 2 spoiler... looks too clunky.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Love it! How well does the climate work? And what stereo is that?
              sigpic
              -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Firstly, thank you all for you comments guys!:)

To answer a few questions...

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
                This is the first I've heard of automatic climate control in an E30.
                Originally posted by priapism View Post
                Love it! How well does the climate work? And what stereo is that?
                The only automatic part of the system is the temperature control. There is a sensor behind the circular grill next to the temp knob and a motor to control the hot/cold direction flap instead of a cable. Its controlled by a small ECU behind the temp knob which is a potentiometer instead of a manual knob attached to a cable.

Its relatively rare in the UK and Europe but i have broken a couple of cabrios that had it and know of a few other E30's with it over here.

The Stereo is a Blaupunkt SQR88 Memphis and was available as a BMW dealer fitted option in '88 and '89. It was a top of the range Blaupunkt HU back then and it has a 3.5mm jack on the front which is meant to be a CD input but you can use it as an input for anything including an Ipod etc.

Its coupled with a Blaupunkt BQA80 amplifier which is soon to be replaced with a brand new old stock BQA160 amp, both of which were available as options when new.

Used in conjunction with some new Alpine speakers, the sound quality is surprising good considering how old it is.

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                Hella clean man. Where did you get a 3.91lsd from a ix?
                The 3.91 LSD ratio diff was standard for all M technic 2 325i Sports in the UK and also European 325i Tourings had a 3.91 ratio diff with the LSD being an option.

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                I love this
                What brand are the seats?
                The front seats are Recaro LS which were a factory fit option. They are quite rare in the UK but i have had 3 pairs over the years.

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                Very nice. I prefer the classic m-tech look, but the Alpina front valance and rear spoiler look great. Seeing your car almost makes me want to replace my m-tech II spoiler with my m-tech I rear spoiler. Staggered Alpinas are awesome too.
                Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                This is what my car aspires to be one day. LOL.

Obviously there are a few things I'd change but I definitely am in the same boat in regards to mtech 1 rear spoiler plus the rest of the mtech 2 kit.

I'm not a big fan of the mtech 2 spoiler... looks too clunky.
                The boot spoiler on my car is an Alpina type 157 not an M technic 1 boot spoiler although they are similar in appearance.

The Alpina one is wider and has squarer corners.

It has crossed my mind to remove all of the Alpina parts and go back to standard M techinc 2 spoilers, steering wheel and BBS of some sort. Not 100% sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BSS View Post

The boot spoiler on my car is an Alpina type 157 not an M technic 1 boot spoiler although they are similar in appearance.

The Alpina one is wider and has squarer corners.

It has crossed my mind to remove all of the Alpina parts and go back to standard M techinc 2 spoilers, steering wheel and BBS of some sort. Not 100% sure yet.
                  heh, i stand corrected! it does look great though. the only thing i would do is reinstall the mtech 2 valance. wish it were easier to source the mtech 2 bumpers here. I've already picked up the front valance but can't fit the rear... the bumpers are a whole other search.
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Perfectly set-up diamond black

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I'm suddenly obsessed with that head unit.
                      sigpic
                      -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Gorgeous car you have there, believe I have seen it over on e30Zone.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I wish my e30 was anywhere near this clean. :(

Beautiful car though man!

Comment

the rear valance? (the additional piece under the rear bumper) is that part of the M tecnic kit?

If so, can it be purchased seperately? Would it fit a 4dr iX rear bumper? What would I search for?

Anyone that has the answer, please PM me. Thank you very much

Stuart

Comment

The lower part in this picture:

Comment

Originally posted by 330i ZHP View Post
                                the rear valance? (the additional piece under the rear bumper) is that part of the M tecnic kit?

If so, can it be purchased seperately? Would it fit a 4dr iX rear bumper? What would I search for?

Anyone that has the answer, please PM me. Thank you very much

Stuart
                                The rear valence is part of the rear bumper and not available separately.

Comment

Working...
                                X