New to r3v and e30s! II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to r3v and e30s! II

After my popular thread with this title, I thought I would name this one after it.

I went from an 89' 325i to an 98' M3 and now I just bought a 91' 318is!

This car currently has a rough running (possibly garbage) m42 in it that will be replaced with a good running m42 while I gather s5x swap parts.

Driving it home!

She's home!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Nice car

Comment

Originally posted by 1BadE30 View Post
      Nice car
      Thanks! Very straight body for the most part
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Got a list of plans for it or just gonna add stuff as time goes?

Comment

Is that a moonroof I see?

Comment

You should go ahead and do DIY euro trim now

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by 1BadE30 View Post
              Got a list of plans for it or just gonna add stuff as time goes?
              Hopefully s5x swap!!!
              Full black interior, possibly recaro seats, depending on funds.
              little tasteful mods on the outside

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
              Is that a moonroof I see?
              The camera angle makes it look like that, but its a normal sunroof!

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              You should go ahead and do DIY euro trim now
              I was probably just going to buy the euro trim, but I could try doing it myself possibly!

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Any ideas?

Last edited by craiggroves91; 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

I'd do some simple maintenance to any used car purchase. You can do a resistance check on the ICV (if you own a DMM) as well as the AFM, and you can also try cleaning them as well as the TB. Def do a plug swap, and check the condition of the plugs (fouling). Could be a misfire, as it seems even under rev it kind of hicups too.

If you want, post some pics of your plugs, they are great indicators of neglected maintenance as well as many other things. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by HR2L View Post
                    I'd do some simple maintenance to any used car purchase. You can do a resistance check on the ICV (if you own a DMM) as well as the AFM, and you can also try cleaning them as well as the TB. Def do a plug swap, and check the condition of the plugs (fouling). Could be a misfire, as it seems even under rev it kind of hicups too.

If you want, post some pics of your plugs, they are great indicators of neglected maintenance as well as many other things. ;)

The plugs were brown like normal plugs, they did have some oil on them.

Well I bought it from a friend and he did some maintenance.
                    air filter
                    chain tensioner
                    fuel filter
                    temperature sending unit
                    temp sensor
                    throttle housing gasket
                    water pump

It also comes with a good running m42, I was just messing with the one in the car to see if it's and easy fix.

I don't want to throw much money at it if any.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

I wanna see this thing. Let's go on a drive with Frenche.

Comment

Do a compression check on all four cylinders before you throw any more maintenance parts at it.

Comment

Why are the lips always missing when we buy these cars? LOL
                          Almost every pic I see of a car just acquired is missing the lip including my own.

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                            I wanna see this thing. Let's go on a drive with Frenche.
                            Car barely runs, but I'm down to show it to you and hang out!
                            Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                            Do a compression check on all four cylinders before you throw any more maintenance parts at it.
                            Thats what I was thinking! :)

Originally posted by RedheadedBastard View Post
                            Why are the lips always missing when we buy these cars? LOL
                            Almost every pic I see of a car just acquired is missing the lip including my own.
                            haha who knows! Curb stops and stuff rip them off!

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

nice car sell me the hood, mirrors, trunk, and bumpers?
                              my build thread:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=231612

Comment

Working...
                              X