Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The e30 rallycross project, all cleaned up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The e30 rallycross project, all cleaned up...

Just a few pics of the car. First time it's been washed in.....well, since I got it in September. Still a work in progress, but at least it looks decent now (except, of course, if you don't like 4x4 stance e30s).

Main build thread is here, for anyone that cares

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Thats awesome!

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Startin' to look really good.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

definitely need to get to work on my mudflap project, lol. Right now it just looks like a stock e30 with snow tires :)
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

nice project, nice GT6!

Comment

In your thread, your tires look too small for your ride height. However, your tires look tall enough here. I can't wait to see the rest of the progression.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
              In your thread, your tires look too small for your ride height. However, your tires look tall enough here. I can't wait to see the rest of the progression.
              in the early photos in the thread (when I got the car) it had completely treadbare/corded 195/60/14 on them. In these pics it has 185/70/14 full-treat snow tires. So yeah, there was a good bit of difference.

by next weekend I'll have some 195/55/15 Star Specs on my Euroweaves, which are kind of in-between the two.
              Track/street e21 build
              visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Nice, I didn't notice any mention of a skid plate in your thread. Maybe you did and I'm just blind though.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                  Nice, I didn't notice any mention of a skid plate in your thread. Maybe you did and I'm just blind though.
                  there's mention of it, but I haven't made it yet. I plan to do a pretty good size skid with a "stinger" back under the tranny. Still working out the design I want and what material I'm going to use - or whatever material I can get secondhand for cheap/free preferably :D

Also will do some light armor (type undetermined) to protect the fuel lines running along the driver's side floor and a few other minor protection mods (design/placement TBD).

I want the car working right before I install stuff that will make it harder to work on the car!

luckily, I have a shitload of ground clearance. And the front end will go up a bit more once I put the battery in the trunk. hella-functional I guess ;)

ground clearance = more than 99% of the people on here

Track/street e21 build
                  visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

I'm in your thread! Reading your words!

(Stealing your ideas...)
                    Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

lol....use the one in the project forum, that's the real thread Pat.
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Working...
                      X