My first E30 - 1986 325es Bronzit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first E30 - 1986 325es Bronzit

The year: 1999. I was 16 and had just received my first car from my Stepdad who kept this car since he bought it in 1988. I've never had much of an attraction to E30's, or any other car for that matter. But once I got my hands on this car, the love affair never ended. It was a 1986 325es, received with appx 215k miles, sold at 290k miles in the 4 year period that I drove her.

These pictures were snapped between 1999 and 2003 when I was in college and spent just about every spare dime on cheesy upgrades like self tinted taillights, white gauges from ebay, and attempts at color matching the interior. I washed the faded/peeling clear coat at LEAST 3x a week because that's all I did at that age.

This was during the time when I was just learning. I didn't know anything about Part numbers, sourcing suppliers...etc. All I knew was auto zone and ebay. And during that time under a search for "E30" in ebay, only 700 items comes up.... and I constantly looked through each and every item.

Looking back, this was not my proudest work and I've come a long way since then, but it's gotten me to where I am now. It's nostalgic.

Since then in the last 10 years, I'd say I grew up a little bit and attempted to get more tasteful in my modifications, owning now an 88 M30 swapped vert and a 89 M60 swapped coupe.

Bronzit car in garage is not my first bronzit car.
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Very nice! Everyone starts some where...and everyone has a story of lesser taste.

How does the M30 feel in there?
    1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
    1990 325i 24v
    1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

very cool cars now, at least, right? Did you make your M30 mounts or buy 'em?

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

tan centre console?
        sigpic

Comment

I am with you Frank! Bought my first e30 in 2003, when there were only a handful of turbo e30's in existence! You could buy an e30 for $750 with a broken timing belt, frequently, today it's next to impossible to get those deals. The best online shopping was BMP design and Bavarian Autosport.
          Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Beefy!
            sigpic
            benvideoproductions.com
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617yNrOrRfo&

Comment

Working...
            X