91 318i m50 swap startup video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 318i m50 swap startup video!

Just got my m50 swap running after 3 weeks! Did 90% of everything 2 weeks ago and have been chipping away at the little stuff these last 2 weeks. Got it running this morning and should have it driving this weekend. Here is a video of the startup, open manifold. Need header recommendations cause these obd1 manifolds are allowing the down pipe to fit. What an easy swap! Shift linkage is chopped and being welded back together tonight, drive-shaft is being shortened and will be done tomorrow.

A weak video but just glad to have it running.
    Last edited by TopOfTheLine89; 02-16-2012, 10:42 AM.
    97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
    2001 330ci 5 speed
    83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

out of curiosity, what did you use for grounding points? I want to make sure everything is all set before I start 'er up.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Sounds like you've got no MAF? It's hunting for an idle.

Good grounding points are from the drivers side engine arm to the frame brackets (ground strap) and the passenger side strut tower.
      REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
        out of curiosity, what did you use for grounding points? I want to make sure everything is all set before I start 'er up.

And from the passenger side engine mount arm to core support.Also make sure you have your small power and ground wires right on the passengers side firewall. They both are black until you peel back the rubber sleeve on the wire and see that one is red and one is brown.

I have no IAC yet, that's why i had to work the throttle.
        Last edited by TopOfTheLine89; 02-16-2012, 03:37 PM.
        97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
        2001 330ci 5 speed
        83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
          Sounds like you've got no MAF? It's hunting for an idle.

Good grounding points are from the drivers side engine arm to the frame brackets (ground strap) and the passenger side strut tower.
          yeah, that sounds right - right now I've got the passenger side strut tower ground from the harness and the engine arm on the passenger side to the frame, I'll just go an additional one on the driver's side... thx!

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Working...
          X