Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 iX

Here is my ugly duckling.

It is an 89 iX with 12xxxx miles. It is inop right now. Waiting on some funds to rebuild the motor (bad rod bearing). Looking to keep it mostly stock. It was a fun car. Fast enough for me despite the auto tragic slush box. It passed the jack test but really supprised me when I had to pull the rear drive shaft to dolly it 400 miles. I unloaded it and parked it in the drive with only the front drive shaft on. I now have about $5000 into it so getting it back on the road is my only option.
    Attached Files

Looks pretty good. Any Interior pics?
    Last edited by 89 e30; 03-05-2012, 04:57 PM. Reason: missed a word
    sigpic
    BIMMER für IMMER

Comment

The old wheel set
      Attached Files

Comment

Interior

The car came with a tan interior and the blue carpet in this picture. I found this blue leather interior out of a 87 i at the junk yard. Looks like it was the original interior now.
        Attached Files

Comment

The day I got it home

It had 3 euroweaves and 1 iX weave. If I had another Ix Weave I would have put them on the front and put the euros on the rear sor a staggered set.
          Attached Files

Comment

Since I bought it I have rebuilt the front half shafts, rebuilt the head, New wheels, new interior, Lots of misc parts i did not realize were missing. Full tune up and fluid change. I put 12,000 miles on it and now the rod bearing is shot
            Attached Files

Comment

Rear with my Thule Missle attached
              Attached Files

Comment

You want a good engine to drop in? I've got one here, 134k, ran perfectly. Just looking for a home in an iX bay.

Car looks nice

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

And even more depressing is this

The replacement.

Good news is that the beamer was my wifes DD and now she is in love with mini vans. I have to find her one a little nicer van which will keep my iX sitting for a little while. But now I can start looking for a 5 spd swap

Funny thing is We paid $700 for this MPV Drove it to Las Vegas (over 400 each way) twice and are now selling it. After only buying a set of tires for $300 I have had a $1300 offer and will sell it for $1500 or more. Ha.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                    You want a good engine to drop in? I've got one here, 134k, ran perfectly. Just looking for a home in an iX bay.

Car looks nice
                    I would like to But funds are to tight. I will have to wait a little while. Mine has about the same milage and the rod bearing went so I think I will just rebuild it myself. I would hate to buy one used and have it take a dump when I could have rebuilt mine for a little more. Another baby is on the way and I have already had to take alot of shit for keeping it and putting more money into it.

Comment

That van is sexy

Comment

It does have 4wd

Hah

Here is a depressing one.
                        First Snow.

I did get 1 drive in the powder up at the top of mt. Rose. AWD doughnuts rule.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I've got a euroweave if you want to run a full set of them, let me know

that iX looks sweet, by the way - how's the storage caddy for wind noise?

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Thanks

I am good I saved the 1 iX wheel for a spare, But I like the new Moda's.
                            Box is great. Had it up to 100mph and it is not even noticable. I put a fitted piece of plywood in it to strengthen it up and keep it staple. Looks huge on the car. But you would not know it was there except a little noise from the rack.

Comment

Working...
                            X