No announcement yet.

agent's build thread: Klaus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately the parts I ordered didn't arrive in time to reassemble the dash this weekend. So I went ahead and ran the RCAs, since that needed to be done anyway, and started on the process of removing the trunk tar.

It was only coming out in tiny pieces at first, so I put a space heater in the spare tire well and let the tar get soft enough to pull it out in much bigger chunks using a remodeling bar. I read a couple of threads which said taking it out in two layers seemed to work well, and so far that has been the case for me too.

The afternoon in images:

Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

New blower foam gasket in, the rest of the tar out and cleaned up, and the LukeBox test fitted:

Comment

Lukebox/audio installation continued this past weekend and yesterday. Thanks to bimmerteck for the head unit wiring assist on Sunday.

I cut about a 6 foot section of BMW factory audio wiring (from the amp to the driver door sill junction) out of one of the parts cars a friend has, and extended my speaker wires using all the same colors. Luke's amp bypass write-up was absolutely invaluable...

Then it was time to wire up the sub, again using Luke's awesome instructions...

Tidying up the trunk and getting ready to install the box and wire up the amp...

Lukebox installed. Fits like a glove...

Head unit wired up and tested. We have sound!

Amp wired up and pretty panel in place...

Getting the head unit pushed in far enough to latch was really difficult at first. So I removed the cluster and was able to get some better wire organization done behind the head unit, then it went it easily...

I still need to (re)tune the crossovers and the levels, but even with the head unit set to all factory defaults, this system sounds better than I could have possibly imagined. I can't wait to crank it up after I get it tuned!

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Awesome work! This thread gave me some motivation to do the same to my '86 325e I just picked up for $700.
            My Eta Build Thread

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Looking good, Great exhaust BTW.
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you :D

Comment

Originally posted by el bimmer View Post
                    Looking good, Great exhaust BTW.
                    It sounds great too! hope to see it again in the spring!
                    sigpic
                    "evil always prevails....because good is dumb"

Comment

Thanks B!

Comment

This is a very righteously well done early model! I have an '84 and I only hope mine can turn out as well as yours eventually, that things a real beauty!
                        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                        '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                        '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

MAJOR props, bruddah!

Thing looks fantastic, great job on all of it.

Looking forward to getting myself another E30 to do much the same.

E34 first though, that is gonna be the daily...then back into an E30!

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

This is a great build thread. Fantastic job!

Comment

How do you like the Remus? Is it loud? I have always like the quality and looks of it but, I am worried it wont be as loud as I want.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                                How do you like the Remus? Is it loud? I have always like the quality and looks of it but, I am worried it wont be as loud as I want.
                                I would not call the Remus "loud", but they sound fantastic.

Closing SOON!
                                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X