No announcement yet.

my delphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never did take a pic of it installed but I do like the way it feels. Tightened up the steering wheel just ever so slightly. Maybe it's all in my head. Anyway I took the car home a gave it a bath. Clay barred the hood, roof, and trunk lid. Used a light cutting wax from meguires and took a couple pics, tomorrow I will put the top cat of wax on it. It's one of those three stage things. Here is a shot of the trunk lid, match book for reference.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

And now for a shot of the garage in progress, I have a build thread on this too.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

one more for tonight
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Is that an S38 in foreground? why yes,yes it is.
          sigpic

Comment

I forgot to post a pic of the car up in the air.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

new wheels
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

New wheels look a lot better man. I like. Are the reps?

Comment

Ronal Hartge, I have repro lugcover caps though, I threw them on for an auto-x event. Now I can't bring myself to take them off. Thanks though I appreciate the feedback.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice project! Coming along nicely.
                    2011 1M Alpine white/black
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Cleaned and installed some carpet yesterday. I've been looking for a while for some nice carpet and my brother finally came through for me.[IMG][/IMG]
                      Before this I just had some indoor outdoor stuff in there. It really is so much nicer inside now. [IMG][/IMG]
                      Next up is a set of floor mats, interior lighting repaired, stereo and antenna
                      sigpic

Comment

Installed the stereo head unit, used Alpine I got from a friend. I only hooked up the two front speakers for now because that's all the car has except for tweeters in the door. I had to repair and install an antenna too. The PO had cut the factory connector for the electric antenna and I had steal one from another car, cut and splice it back together. It's all in and it works but I need a trim bezel for it. After installing the radio I realized I blew a fuse for the taillights and the tag lights. Pulled the head unit back out and found a couple wires for what I'm guessing are the factory amp. Taped up the exposed ends and replaced the fuse. I'll have to get out the Bentley and tidy it up in there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice progress! I also agree with the previous post, those new wheels look great on your car!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Just purchased Miller PSIK and a W.A.R. chip. Also bought wideband A/F gauge and sensor. Getting ready to purchase I.E. new stage two longtube headers and high flow cat, still up in the air on muffler selection. I'll be doing the exhaust upgrade first, then the Miller cold air kit with mass air conversion. After running the car a while with it like that I'll be taking it to E.R.T. (european racing technologies) here in De. for some dyno time for the W.A.R. chip.
                            sigpic

Comment

I couldn't help myself, went and bought I.E.stage two headers. I actually have the I.E. shorties and a complete exhaust all the back to the muffler that I've never installed. I think I'll be putting it on just to see how it fit and sounds. Also I want to see of I end up feeling a difference between the shorties and the long tubes. Stay tuned for the winter performance upgrades.
                              sigpic

Comment

So I've decided to install the I.E. shorties and exhaust that I got from another member here on r3 for temporary until I can complete my longtube setup the way I want it. Here is a pic of my stock system and the used system I bought complete with the shorties.
                                I'm letting my brother use my stock setup because he is in the middle of swapping to a 90 e30 w/s50 and his current setup has pretty leaky pipes. Here is what we are removing from his car.

Yes, they are Stahl's, no they are not for sale. They will be going on another car we plan on putting together for shared autocross use.
                                I did manage to get the front shortie installed on my car today, had to shorten two studs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X