My 86' 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 86' 325e

I'm new here guys but here's the ride so far, it's a work in progress but prop's to Levent @ Guten Parts for hooking it up with the diving boards, tailights, etc.!

Work done so far:

Eibach Pro Kit 1.6'' front, 1.4'' rear lowering springs
    Bilstein stock replacements
    Falken Ziex sport tires on stock bottle caps
    New tie rods, bushings, sway bar links, etc.
    New rotors and pads
    All new belts, fluids (coolant and oil's)
    New injectors
    New exhaust from 325i
    Seafoam'd
    New bumpers, tailights, badges, grills, etc.

(exterior work in progess, but it's hitting the body shop for all new paint + body work next month)

Welcome!
    450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Sweet! I like it. Paint looks clean
      '91 318is

Comment

Looks like a nice starting point. Welcome aboard!

COTM

Comment

This car looks exactly like my old 86 325e, Oh the memories.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by !AjHoWzA! View Post
            Sweet! I like it. Paint looks clean
            The paints shot on the car, needs to be repainted. Damn iPhone makes it look like it's nice. :(

Comment

Yea from the pics it looks real nice, welcome! Any plans on the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by JA1991 View Post
                Yea from the pics it looks real nice, welcome! Any plans on the engine?
                I'll take more pics later today. From reading around I'd really love to do a S50 swap sometime in the future but that'll be a long time from now. Right now the M20 in the car is running rock solid after all these new fluids, hoses, and sensors.

Comment

More pics of the paint, I'm planning on giving it a good wax and buff but ATM the paint pretty dull since the clear coat was eaten away from sitting outside.

Comment

looks similar to mine!

Comment

I miss my E good memories and my first E30.

Good looking car better, takes time but it will get there....
                      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Comment

Comment

Doesn't look too bad, good start. I'll be taking my 87 325e from Florida to Michigan in like two days. Lets hope she makes it haha. 200,000 + miles

Comment

That's one classy little ride you got there.

Some Meguiars 105 on an orange pad, followed by 205 on an orange pad, then a nice wax of your choice on a red pad will permanently take care of those paint imperfections. You'll be blown away.
                              Leatherique.com could bring back that leather.

It's nice to see someone take care of the basics right away instead of slamming their car and stretching their tires on shot bushings, brakes, and a neglected engine.

I see that you're missing the c pillar and grommets that hold the trim piece in place. Those holes can be a pesky place for water leaks into the trunk. Hit up Levent for those. The grommets/gaskets are often overlooked. Might be worthwhile to check the taillight gaskets/antenna grommet, too.

#18 and 20 are the pieces you want. ECStuning has decent prices on them, too.

bmwfans.info
                              realoem.com

Those are two sites you may want to familiarize yourself with. You'll be able to track down any part you need and go to your dealer or favorite online retailer(ECStuning.com, Bav-auto.com, Turnermotorsport.com, Levent, Blunt, etc etc), and get it.

Who knows if any of this if new to you, it's beginner stuff, but I hope it helps. There are a lot of good people here who are anxious to help. Don't hesitate to ask or pm.

Enjoy her. She's a beaut!

Comment

Working...
                              X