• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car and dyno results ---now with dyno graphs---

I have a

´89 325is
    with a euro S50B30 motor, custom exhaust, K&N

It sits on CR7 "17x8,5 with Toyo 215/40-17 in front and
    "17x9,5 with 245/35-17 in the back, rolled in and still rubs cause I still have worn shocks

13,57sec 1/4mile@102mph
    18,3sec 0-200kmh
    5,3sec 0-100kmh/60mph

Dyno results are
    273hp@6940, thats 244rwhp
    and 330nm@4000 wich is 242lbs@4000
    Funny thing is the hp was still going up when it revlimited at 6940,
    So I have to get a chip now to raise the revlimit higher,

Here are 3 links to the videos of the dyno
    one is 38mb,
    other are smaller

This is the 38mb file

These are smaller around 1-3mb

Here is also a picture for those who don´t want to download the vids

In the pictures you can see that the engine bay has been sprayed in the new color,
    Gunni
    @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

I want to go to Iceland.

And there is something that I really love about really quick cars that look beat up. :D

Comment

Nice numbers Gunni ! I say leave your car looking like this...it hurts people more when you beat them up in a car thats not cosmetically perfect...what are you running for engine management? Do you have the SMT-6 in this car or it' Stefan's car that has it?

Comment

I have the smt6 installed but have not tuned it, I am working on beeing able to tune the vanos also, if at all the intake cam is not in max advance at hihger rpms I am missing out on a bunch of power,

Stefáns car also has it,

I hate seeing my car looking like this, If I want a beater bmw to race with I´ll go the turbo M10 318i way in a very ugly car
        Gunni

Comment

Gunni, you have a nice powerplant there!! damm you!!! hahahaa, we have here some engines like , hoping some day that one e36 m3 euro finish in the junk to buy it's parts... what is that lines and hoses in front of the power brake booster are?? also what gearbox are you using?
          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Nice wooden hood shock :up:

Comment

Those hoses are the power brakes,
              powered by the P/S pump,
              Gunni

Comment

I am using the Stock M3 box a nice strong ZF box,
                Gunni

Comment

what diff are you using?
                  ratio?
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I have a 3,73 now but just won a 3,15 ratio on ebay.de
                    wich I will turn into a LSD,
                    Gunni

Comment

6940rpm??? A stock M3 with the S50B3.0 redlines at somewhere around 7500rpm. What chip are you running now? Does the SMT-6 not allow for ECU redline reprogramming?

I love your car. I'm soon to be running 17X8.5 CR 2000's on 235/40's....if they ever arrive. I paid for them 3 months ago. I plan on buying 9.5X17's in the future for show purposes and I'll probably leave them on if I get around to turboing my US S50.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

how are your brakes hooked up? there is no space for the e30's brake booster is there?

Comment

Stock redline is 7250,

The ecu ain´t that fast as this happens so fast from 6000rpm and up, it might be stopping the engine as it would rev more then 7250 if the throttle would have been let go,
                          At load it definitly goes past 7000rpms,

I have definitly reved it more,

The smt6 doesn´t stop the engine at high rpms,

I still have the stock plugs in@40kmiles and a single plug is $33 locally and I have to buy 10in a box or buy 6 from the dealer for $40 a piece, as my plugs are one of a kind, no other motor uses the euro s50b30 plugs and only Bosch makes replacements, I think the rarrest plug in the world in a production motor,
                          I bought some in Germany and they cost $15/piece, will put them in very soon,
                          Gunni

Comment

Very nice Gunni!! I do miss the cab though ;)

Comment

I have stock E30 brakes, a 735i master and slave and hydraulic booster,
                              It doesn´t fit as nicely as I would have liked, I may try and change it when I paint the car,

Chris, tell me about it, this summer was hot in Iceland(read 15-20C) I would have so loved to have the cabrio out blasting,

I will definitly get a cabrio for sure, along with some "17´s and 4,0 swap, got to have torque to pull that thing,
                              Gunni

Comment

Working...
                              X