1991 318i Vert Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318i Vert Build

Hey everybody. Name's Brendan. Just bought this 1991 318i vert a month ago. It's a little rough so I'll basically be doing a full restoration on it.

Onto the pictures

From the guy I bought it from.

First Picture I took in it's temp home.

Couple more pics

M42 powered

First task was to clean and paint the tools. When I got the car I assumed all tools were painted so I redid them.

Painted these things black. They were faded gray before.

Exhaust was a disaster so I changed it from the cat back. These are before pictures. Don't have any after but it's a Bosal oem replacement.

Rust leads to flooding so I pulled out the interior. Gonna do some rust work and convert the interior to black leather.

Only picture I have of the interior. But it clearly shows why I went with a vert.

So there you have it. Lots of work to be done. I hope to be updating this regularly. Thanks for looking. Questions/comments/concerns welcome.

Awesome. Can't beat an E30 vert on a sunny day. Have fun bringing it back to life

Bahama Beige E23 Project
    Bluebird Bus Conversion
    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Thanks. It's already fun. Can't wait to get this thing looking right.

Comment

Nice very Gl with build, I have a 92 m42 vert, needs a little work too but in time it will get there. Btw, how did u clean the rust off of the tools, what did you use?

Comment

I used the paint stripper to take off the old paint then this loctite rust remover. Used a small paint brush to apply and then used a stiff bristle brush. A little elbow grease and it went pretty well.

Definitely use gloves and eye protection. This stuff is toxic. Using the brush tends to make some fly.

Comment

Small update for the weekend. Painted the lower valence white and painted the plastic parts in it black. Missing a fog delete plate on the drivers side. I was also finally able to remove the hideous mirrored BMW plate the previous owner had on it.

Lots to come in the coming weeks.

Comment

Working...
            X