New member with 89 325i 4dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member with 89 325i 4dr

Hello everyone, I'm new to E30s and although I tried to do my research I made a very big mistake....I forgot to check the expansion tank...lol which led me to the culprit of my very large oil leak. I just got her home last night from the Orlando area. I got it for a real good price so I'm not too bummed. The shell is in very good condition with only a couple spots of rust and one dent on the shell itself. The car needs a lot of TLC but for the price I got it for I think I can get her back where she should be.

I'm planning on rebuilding the engine back to stock and doing a 5 speed swap, then redoing the interior followed by bodywork and paint. I plan on doing most of it myself besides the machine work on engine and the paint of course. I'm fairly mechanically inclined and have done many engine although never a bmw engine. I did own a 2001 330Ci E46 that I sold to my brother. I wanted a 4 door and really liked the E30s so I figure I change it up a bit...but I still get to drive the E46...lol

Let me know what you guys think of it.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

More pics
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Why would your expansion take lead you to believe theres an oil leak?

Comment

Working...
      X