Check out my side project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out my side project

Here's a teaser shot of what I'm trying to do. Currently doing a 5spd swap. Let me know what you think.

Goodies I have:

euro bumpers
    smilies
    5 spd swap
    4.10 LSD
    sport seats
    eletric sunroof
    supersprint exhaust

In the works:

euro plate filler
    4500k HIDS

What size tires would be good for these you think? I was thinking 215/40/16....they are 16x7.5 ronals ACTs. Will be on eibachs/bilstein combo. Don't want stretch nor balloon tires.

Here's one of my DD e36:

also forgot to mention I got these rims for $150 :D

Comment

Your e30 is looking good, I'm not sure on the tire size but it's hard to beat Ronal ACTs IMO. The e36 cab with hard top looks good too, very clean!

The cinder block jackstand setup you have is making me cringe though. Those things are going to collapse and your car will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by codrum View Post
        The cinder block jackstand setup you have is making me cringe though. Those things are going to collapse and your car will kill you.
        This.

205/50-16s are about perfect for 16x7.5s (they're wheels BTW - rims are but one component of a wheel).

Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I understand these blocks to have a load capacity of 120,000 pounds.....I see no danger.

Comment

Being that they break when you drop them - they must.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by 87' 325 View Post
              I understand these blocks to have a load capacity of 120,000 pounds.....I see no danger.
              When mortared in using other blocks perhaps. And when they do that, the holes are vertical, not horizontal. Like George said, drop a cinder block from 3 feet, then do the same with a jack stand, and put which ever one doesn't break under your car. Seriously.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Haha okay guys I'm flattered y'all are worried about my safety so much. I have back-up jacks at height with no load on them under the car as a secondary measure. I don't like using them as primary jacks because the sharp metal ends cut into my asphalt. They would take the load if something with the blocks were to happen. Thank for the concern. I'll take what you've said into thought. There is also a difference in breaking cement with slow weight pressure opposed to sudden impact.

Comment

There is also a difference in breaking cement with slow weight pressure opposed to sudden impact.
                  Not really.
                  Its more of a Force = pressure x area thing. Don't they teach science in school anymore?

Comment

I see no danger.
                    Famous last words.
                    sigpic

Buy and sell your E30s and E30 parts on E30 Marketplace!

Comment

It's going to be the weight of the object divided by the surface area to determine the pressure on the cement block dropped using gravity. It most likely breaks because it landed on the corner of the block.....a very small surface area. But I'm a business man not a scientist. Let's get back to e30s now. If I die from a cement block failure you can write on my grave "I told you so."Okay?

Comment

This is STUPID. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? STUPID! Dont get underneath the car with those cinderblocks under it like that.

PM me your next of kin's address,I'll send my nephew over to pick up the E30.It will help pay for your funeral.
                        1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Sweet!, I like the e36, its SeXY!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGT4677 View Post
                            This is STUPID. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? STUPID! Dont get underneath the car with those cinderblocks under it like that.

PM me your next of kin's address,I'll send my nephew over to pick up the E30.It will help pay for your funeral.
                            Haha well I'm doing it! And there's nothing you and your nephew can do about it!

Comment

"I was inside … pumping the breaks … and I felt it rock just slightly," Austin Smith tells HLN affiliate WDIV.

A few moments later, the teen got out of the car, and that’s when he says it collapsed, crushing his 74-year-old grandfather.
                              I also lost a friend who used cinder blocks to support a vehicle to remove a transmission. He had no problem removing the transmission. But as the vehicle sat on the cinder blocks for a week as the transmission was being rebuilt, the cinder blocks became weakened from the static force that was being applied to them. Then as he was reinstalling the transmission, and of course there's going to be some wiggling and jockying to get the transmission to line up with the engine, this dynamic action caused the cinder blocks to shatter. The vehicle came crashing down and the transmission landed on his chest crushing him. The coroner said he probably lived thru that hell for two minutes before he expired.
                              Never use bricks and especially never use cinder blocks. They can fail catastrophically. Cinderblocks killed a school mate of mine 25 years ago while working on a car. Spend a couple bucks and buy professional jack stands. Compared with any car repair, they are dirt cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X