Garage Evening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Evening.

Between work and school I haven't had much time to spend with the e30 beside driving it. This evening I had some extra time to do some paint/repaint projects I have been wanting to do.

For starters, one day while looking up at my check panel, I decided it might look pretty slick if it work smoked out to where it just looked like a gloss panel but still lit up and you could read everything. I didn't really look into it and see if anyone has done it, just went for it.

I really like the way it turned out, the camera flash makes it look less clean than it does in person. Only complaint is I did not realize how dim the lettering bulb was. I think it will be difficult to read during the day but at night it is alright.

Next, I had some "smoked" front turn signals but was not happy with how lightly they were smoked so I darkened them some more and added a clear coat.

After that, I decided to paint the fog deletes I bought. I decided to go with delete panels for now until I can afford to buy new lenses and nice hids to go in the fogs. I dont like the look of the yellow fogs when I have hid headlights.

Finally, I decided to collect the supplies to try out all red tails. It was a fun little project, pretty happy with the results. Not a direct match just as others have noted but I will take it over the amber turns. I plan on smoking the tails anyways so I am not to worried about the match but I wanted them to be red before I tinted them. Can't wait to check them out in the daylight, see how they really look.

Cleaned up the area that contacts the seals.

Nothing huge obviously but just nice to have a couple hours of garage time. When I get back from my training mission I have a much bigger project to tackle, I might throw up some pictures of that.

Tomorrow I will probably continue doings some touch up painting on trim pieces, tint the tails and install the deletes. If anyone is interested in how the all red tails/smoked diy looks I will post pics once I am done.

Thanks for looking.

M50B25tu

Awesome. Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep it up man.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

tail lights are cleeeean. Don't know how would the check panel workout.

Comment

Its all in the details. Nice work man.
        -Nick
        Originally posted by 87e30
        First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Working...
        X