Taxi + e30 = sad day :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxi + e30 = sad day :(

My mom and I were driving only a few blocks from my house when a taxi decided to drive threw a stop sign at a T intersection and make a left. I slammed on the brakes and came to a complete stop but the taxi driver kept driving and drove straight into my e30. Thankfully my mom and I were ok. My e30 was not :( Cop came and cleared everything up and confirmed the taxi driver was at fault. Insurance will probably total it but I'll save it, The Black Dot will live on.

The sad pics :(

Even though they probably wont be reading this, thanks again to my uncle and neighbor for helping me push the car home and for my mom being there to sort everything out.

Sorry to see that. Hope you can revive her. Glad to hear everyone is safe
    1989 M3
    2008 135i 6sp

Comment

Sucks, but it def looks fixable

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Thanks, I put so much work into it already so I'm definitely going to fix it up.

Comment

We were just talking about you the other night at the Bellmore meet, If you parts let me know and I will donate. Keep your head up kid!
          '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
          '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
          '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
          '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

Aw man:( No fun. Glad you are all alright, when I get my car running I'd love to come help you out :D

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Save the e30! I had similar damage to my e30 (only worse) and was able to sort things out. If you have the time for sure put a new core support in. I sadly didn't take the time and just bent the support back into place. Isn't pretty underneath but everything sits proper. Except the hood. The hood is juuuuust off. Drives me crazy.

Glad your ok, save it! :D

Comment

And on a quick tangent, what the FUCK is it with cab drivers?? They drive like idiots in San Diego too. I'm constantly on the lookout for em when I'm on my bike and in the e30 I like cringe when one is approaching behind me. Just a couple days ago I watched one drive straight into the rear end of a suburban.

Comment

Sucks, but easy fix. ^^ Exactly! I was in Boston the other day and thought about the fact that taxi drivers are some of the WORST on the roads. Seems counter-intuitive, I mean, wouldn't you think that if you did something ALL THE F%^KING TIME that you would tend to get good at it after a while? I hate goddamn cabbies.
                  '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                  '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

The old lady has no pants on ?
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

sad sad sight...
                      hope the repairs aren't too difficult/expensive.

Comment

Thanks for all the support. After insurance comes to check it out I'll be able to get a better look at what parts I need. Hopefully wont be too hard/expensive to fix.

Comment

I hate cab drivers, seriously.
                          I'm no body work expert, but it does not seem like a big deal to fix.

Comment

This sucks. But I gotta say, the color of your car looks like a shadow, If you had DRLs or fog lights switched on you would be much easier to see... not that anyone should be driving through t intersections straight into your car.

Comment

The fact that you had fully stopped and he still drove into you makes me so mad! Hope you get this beast back on the road soon.
                              sigpic
                              Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

Working...
                              X