New daily..E34 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New daily..E34 Touring

Picked this thing up last week. 93 525iT. Pretty pumped on it. The owner was a great guy. Had an E30 racecar in the garage too. Had bought this for his wife for a daily so he'd done a ton of maintenance on it, has a fresh documented engine replacement. Came with a stack of receipts, tons of extra parts, steelies with winter tires on them. Has some rust on the bottoms of the doors but I'm hoping by late summer, to track down some rust free doors.

Here's when I picked it up

They meet for the first time

Here's the folder of maintenance the PO has done just in less than a year that he's owned it.

Some of the extra parts, still a box or two missing

Winter wheels and tires

Spent the last couple days cleaning it up. The PO had the roof, hood and front end resprayed recently so not much was needed there. Buffed and polished the sides and rear though.

Here's a shot of the rear

Also debadged and painted the grills. Next up is the chrome trim around the windows. My roommate has an E39 528. He doesn't care about it. He also has style 5's. I asked if he'd trade half joking and he agreed to a straight up trade because my tires were better.

Swapped em last night. They're in bad shape but I'm rebuilding them this winter. Pretty fucking stoked on free style 5's. So here's how it's looking as of now. Lowering the front this week then aside from a stereo, that's all I have planned for it.

This one is the worst of them
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Congrats dude! I have a 94 525iT, tell me how you end up cleaning those chrome trims. Oh and the stereo system is a PITA, just a heads up.
    Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
      Oh and the stereo system is a PITA, just a heads up.
      Truth! Especially when the PO ran lamp wire to "upgraded" speakers.

Comment

Will look great lowered on those 5's. nice score man
        sigpic
        Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
          Truth! Especially when the PO ran lamp wire to "upgraded" speakers.
          WHAT!?!

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
            Oh and the stereo system is a PITA, just a heads up.
            Oh hell...do I dare have you elaborate? I was wanting to change the headunit, upgrade components in the front and add a sub.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

The issue I ran into was the fact that my PO hacked out the wire harness and factory amp and I was attempting to do the eagle attack approach. So I hunted one down with a harness & amp (remember I'm in NYC so pick & pulls are not easy to come by) which turned out not compatible with my car. :-(

So then I had to hunt down from crossovers to run the three-ways in the front and two-ways in the back and then figure out which wires go where. At some point I almost gave up on having running speakers and used my ipod for music. But Luke from G.A.S. helped me out one day over the phone and now I have a working system.

I can give you my system specs if you'd like.

Comment

Sure man I'd appreciate it that. Can you PM me that info?

Thankfully, the PO of mine was very particular about keeping things original. And there is a yard less than a mile from my work with 3 E34's sitting in it. Going to hit them up soon.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

nice find and i loveee thos wheels! and do you ride bmx??
                  M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
                    nice find and i loveee thos wheels! and do you ride bmx??
                    Thanks! And yea, a bit

91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

I'm sure the wheel forum is a better place to ask. But I'm having a hard time finding replacement bolts for these wheels. Also read you can use RS bolts which seem to be found everywhere?

I need two new front tires, they're badly worn from a crappy alignment and shake on the highway around 55mph. Was hoping to make it to winter so I can do it all then. Oh well.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Couple small updates.

Lowered the front with Bavauto springs the PO gave me with the car.

Cleaned up the wheels best I could for now. They're still pretty bad but are better than before. This will tide me over till I refinish them this winter.

Same wheel, same spot. This was the worst of them too.

Shadowlined the trim and the front grills and also added some Lamin-X. Smoked headlights and yellow fogs.

Now just sourcing parts for the stereo. Still trying to figure out what to do about a sub. I saw GAS posted in the other touring thread this...
                        Originally posted by German Audio Specialties View Post
                        Please tell me you are in on the GAS E34T subwoofer, either the "stealth" or the 12" Lukestyle. I am hoping to be able to release them by 5er West.
                        Had PM'ed a week or so ago with no response and couldn't find anything when I searched. I'm interested if you see this!

Nothing else really planned after the stereo. Maybe a chip and may have a nice muffler welded in place of the factory one. I'd like it to have a bit more sound to it.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Oh dude, I've been in contact with Luke. The e34T box is in the works. check the link below. I'm waiting for the stealth box.

Comment

Damn that looks killer. I however need my storage space. I've made my own boxes and have done fiberglassing. However, I know Luke knows what he's doing and I don't, lol. If he has a stealth box that would allow me to keep storage space I'd be allllll over it. May just use my spare tire space. I have AAA gold, haha.
                            91 318is M50 swapped
                            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                              Damn that looks killer. I however need my storage space. I've made my own boxes and have done fiberglassing. However, I know Luke knows what he's doing and I don't, lol. If he has a stealth box that would allow me to keep storage space I'd be allllll over it. May just use my spare tire space. I have AAA gold, haha.

Yeah, i know what you mean. I'm sure the minute I put abox like that in, I'll need to pull down the seats to move something.

Comment

Working...
                              X