No announcement yet.

Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the comments. It's a wanna be M3. Currently 179,000 miles and only driven on sunny days. I need a new top and the seats are starting to fade and will need to be reupholstered soon. Used Zymol throughout it's life and really believe in the product. The paint is as good as when I first picked her up.

Had Depo lights on it and put the original ellipsoid lights back on.

Dinan did the work on it when they were still going strong back in the late 90's.

Sorry about the M3 and M badges. It's a poser!

Bought it in Germany and they gave me a free train ticket to Freiberg to pick it up. I was living in Illeshiem at the time. Got to the factory and waited until a guy in a white medical looking coat came and got me. While I was waiting had a chance to look at some cool BMW stuff and accessories. He took me back to a open bay area where my car was presented to me. It was the only car in the open bay. He explained all the controls and what and what not to do. It was all like a formal event. Presented me with the keys and I was on my way.

One the way back, I took as many side and country roads as possible avoiding the Autobahn. I wanted to break her in slowly.

It was shipped to CA after i left Germany for $600.00!!

I was a member of the BMW CCA for a while and just happened upon this site when I was looking for some help on my steering rack.

Quite a few great looking e30's here!

Thanks for the welcome!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Original owner of 1991 e30 318iC, Sterlingsilber-Metallic, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Chip, Dinan Suspension, Picked up at factory in Freiberg, Germany on 8-7-91. MTech II aerodynamics, OZ racing wheels, front strut brace, clear turn signal lenses and side markers, alarm with engine cutoff and auto window rollup.

In the stable:
    07 Dodge Ram 1500
    06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
      Please get rid of the M and M3 badges. Clean car overall though! AC Schnitzer mirrors right?

Yep Schnitzers
      sigpic
      Original owner of 1991 e30 318iC, Sterlingsilber-Metallic, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Chip, Dinan Suspension, Picked up at factory in Freiberg, Germany on 8-7-91. MTech II aerodynamics, OZ racing wheels, front strut brace, clear turn signal lenses and side markers, alarm with engine cutoff and auto window rollup.

In the stable:
      07 Dodge Ram 1500
      06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggens96 View Post
        Dinan exhaust for M42? Whaaaat? Got any pics of that?

Will try to get you pics. It's been lowered a bit by Dinan, so I'll have to jack her up and crawl under and get pics.
        sigpic

In the stable:
        07 Dodge Ram 1500
        06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by PootieTang View Post
          my jaw just dropped. that thing looks brand new, how many miles have you logged on her?

Thanks! 179,818 miles to be exact. It's been garage kept and I have used Zymol on her since new.
          sigpic

In the stable:
          07 Dodge Ram 1500
          06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Fantastic car. Great story on acquisition also. Congrats.
            sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Wow, that thing looks immaculate!
              Calypsorot 2.7L Stroker Turbo - Sold
              2003 Honda Civic- daily
              1997 Eagle Talon TSI - 4g63 awd turbo! PROJECT!

Comment

Originally posted by Project 325i View Post
                Wow, that thing looks immaculate!

Thanks, she gets sprayed with Zymol detailer spray after each use. I get anal about it. It has sentimental value so I want to keep it as long as I can, and as new looking as I can.
                sigpic

In the stable:
                07 Dodge Ram 1500
                06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by illesheim3er View Post
                  Thanks, she gets sprayed with Zymol detailer spray after each use. I get anal about it. It has sentimental value so I want to keep it as long as I can, and as new looking as I can.
                  You sound like me :p
                  Calypsorot 2.7L Stroker Turbo - Sold
                  2003 Honda Civic- daily
                  1997 Eagle Talon TSI - 4g63 awd turbo! PROJECT!

Comment

Originally posted by illesheim3er View Post
                    That's the right attitude :)

(Still not a fan of the poser m3 thing)
                    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Welcome, nice sterling. You have US bumpers on it though. How so?
                      I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                      Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Working...
                      X