X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washed and Waxed

This is my 1987 325iS.

First, a little history.

I bought this car back in March - it is my first car. The odometer stopped somewhere around 180k, and the previous owner estimated it has around 250k now. According to the PO, the original engine suffered a busted timing belt, and was replaced with a "new" engine that currently has 120k overall miles but was rebuilt at 90k. During the POs time, it was hit on the front passenger side. The fender was replaced, but the body work underneath was not fixed very professorially. Since owning it, I have refreshed much of the interior, including replacing the HVAC panel and getting all the lights to work. The seats and dash still need work, but these have been sidelined by some mechanical concerns. I have had a though time with my brakes. When I got my mechanic to go over the car, he indicated that the master cylinder was leaking, and that the proportioning valve might be leaking (along with other leaky drive line components). I replaced the master with the help of a friend, which seemed to solve the brake issue for a few weeks. I was still losing fluid (it was a slow leak, but it would make my pedal go dead as the fluid in the system dropped to low), so I took it to the mechanic to have the proportioning valve replaced - (I would have done this myself, but I really wanted the job to be done well so I would not have to worry about it). I have also replaced the transmission output shaft seal, and the flex disc for the drive shaft.

Anyway, here are the pictures from back in March when I first washed and waxed it. You can see the shitty body work on the passenger side front fender.
    Last edited by Rose E30; 08-11-2012, 08:38 PM.
    sigpic
    -----
    Zinno 87 325iS

very nice. TUCK THE BUMPERS

Comment

Originally posted by jeffw View Post
      In due time, I have other things that I need to do to it first.
      sigpic
      -----
      Zinno 87 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by jeffw View Post
        +1 Looks clean though!
        sigpic
        IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Missouri for the win!
          Work We Do
          CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
          http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Here are a couple more I found from right after I waxed it. Full disclosure, I did edit them a bit to bring the colors out.

The paint really isn't too bad from this angle!

I think the car looks bang on from the back
            Last edited by Rose E30; 08-11-2012, 08:23 PM.
            sigpic
            -----
            Zinno 87 325iS

Comment

The car looks great

Comment

Good looking car

Current: '92 325i Vert

Past: '84 Euro 320i -Had to leave in Italy

Comment

300 miles to get to work and 300 back, what kind of job ?

Comment

Working...
                  X