Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To RA on the E30, or not RA that is the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To RA on the E30, or not RA that is the question...

So I have a nice Diamond Black 318i that currently sits on Tire Rack wheels - 15x6.5 with centering spacers that are about 10mm wide. Here is what it looks like (note tires are now 205-50s not the 205-55s in the pic):

I also have these wheels that could go on the E30:

Freshly refinished BBS RAs in 15x6 ET 33. I am torn as to whether or not I should put these on the E30.

Pros:

BBS wheels vs. generic wheels
    Lighter weight (this offset is somewhat rare and wheels are about 15 lbs.)

Cons:

Would require new spacers 15mm front / 20mm rear
    These RAs are known to be a bit soft (had to remove several bends in the refinish)
    Only 6-in wide

I've tried to sell the RAs, but nobody seems to want them. Should I just rock them on the E30? Original plans were to use them on my Scirocco, but I just bought 13-in tires for that.

keep the black wheels

Comment

RA's
      Originally posted by Sagaris
      He wasn't around because he spent 7 years in jail for assault. There was a group of guys doing a 24v swap on someones car and one of the neighbor kids came over and starting too many questions. Tempers flared, sawzalls did work, and he cut the kids leg off. The victim later joined this forum under the name "5toes".

Comment

ra's in 15s are harder to find from what ive read, I had the 14'' set on 2 mk3 vws. They just scream gli to me though if you keep them in stock colors like the gold or straight up silver.

Im not a huge fan of the first wheels, I say go for it.

Comment

only do the RA's if you space them out a good bit... they will look okay from the side but terribly sunk looking from any other angle
          GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

I've never been a fan of RA's so keep what you have.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

more trouble then its worth

Comment

Seems a pretty polarizing topic. I think the black and gold would be kind of cool...but yes spacers, lugs and BBS caps are problematic considering the existing wheels have all that stuff.

Comment

Saw these on Craigslist, then saw you are in mooresville! I'm down by uncc and my parents live in mooresville

Comment

Looks good with the black wheels

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Cant find any pics of BBS RA on e30. wtf

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        Cant find any pics of BBS RA on e30. wtf

All that I could find on a black car w/gold RAs. These are 14-in.

Comment

Working...
                        X