Castro Motorsport: Azael's Stanced, Turbo, Late Model E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castro Motorsport: Azael's Stanced, Turbo, Late Model E30

So the other day my friend gave me a tripod for my recently acquired Canon 7D, and being the impatient person that I am, I wanted to go try it out! Anyway, I roll by the shop and saw our customer Azael's car. Remembering that I didn't get any shots of his car at Bimmerfest, I figured this was the perfect opportunity.

Azael's car has gone through some drastic changes in every aspect since he first brought it to our shop a couple years ago. The car is a great example of an e30 - clean & comfortable interior, handles well, nice stance and wheels, and IT'S TURBO! ;)

Here are a few specs on what we've done to the car over the past 2 years:

Custom top mount T3/T4 Garrett turbo set-up, using a draw through MAF
    All turbo plumbing, exhaust work and install done by Chris Castro
    German Engineering coil-overs, with camber plates installed (used to have Eibach springs I believe)
    Euro Smileys (used to have the eBay angel eye headlights)
    iS lip (used to have a volvo lip)
    16x9 ESM BBS RS replicas (used to have some other 17s that didn't suit the car as well)

Anyway, on to the pictures!

Since his car was a bit dirty, I decided to give it a quick wash first!

(tripod not used for these)

It was 7 PM, so I had to find a close location where I could put my tripod to use. I went up the street real quick and remembered about the dead end a few blocks away. Lighting was pretty perfect, and I'm pretty happy with most of the pics! :D

Got a bit closer

A few cool close-ups of the fitment and the wheels

A few engine bay shots, sorry for not having time to wash you engine bay first Azael...

Unfortunately the light was gone, so I had to use my flash. Not too happy with these, but you get the idea.

A special thanks to our customer and good friend Azael. Thank you so much for being such a great customer over the years and for always showing your support! :up:

Last edited by e30polak; 06-25-2012, 03:29 PM.
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Wow! Shes a real beuaty, nice shots! :up:
    sigpic
    IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Everytime I see a boosted local it makes me want to keep my turbo stuffs.

Comment

Clean car!

Comment

Very nice! What are the tire specs?

Comment

first car w/ esm's that I think look good and not cheap knockoffs

Comment

God I love Azael's car. By the way, you can avoid flash by increasing your exposure time!

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
              Originally posted by slammin.e28
              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Great job, your car looks amazing, I have the staggered ESM 009's and am looking to pic up 2 more 16x9s for the front, tire specs? Rubbing in the front? mine rub a bit in the rear even after I rolled the crap out of my rear fenders, I have racing dynamics lowering springs, very low in the rear, anyway just wondering how much more the fronts stick out than the rear and if you have any rubbing issues in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by StealthiE30 View Post
                  Wow! Shes a real beuaty, nice shots! :up:
                  Thanks, Azael's vision is now a reality thanks to Chris Castro.

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                  Everytime I see a boosted local it makes me want to keep my turbo stuffs.
                  Turbo 2.7i > most other options

Azael's car is very tame for a DD, yet it hits hard when you're in boost! Last thing he needs is a 3.46 or 3.25 diff! :woowoo:

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                  Clean car!
                  Yup! :grin:

Originally posted by euronotworthy View Post
                  Very nice! What are the tire specs?
                  I want to say 215/40/16

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                  first car w/ esm's that I think look good and not cheap knockoffs
                  I think a lot of cars pull them off well. Our customer Kyle's car:

Originally posted by accident View Post
                  God I love Azael's car. By the way, you can avoid flash by increasing your exposure time!
                  Sun was basically gone at that point, and even after messing with the shutter speed, F-stop and aperture, I couldn't get enough light into the pics. :sad:

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Next time I'm home I'll give you a quick breakdown of some things. Fuck, now I miss my camera :(

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                      Next time I'm home I'll give you a quick breakdown of some things. Fuck, now I miss my camera :(
                      Ya, I'm still a noobus maximus...

Comment

Azael's stance is so right!

Nice pix :up:
                        Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                        Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                        Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                        Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                          Ya, I'm still a noobus maximus...
                          Get yourself the Canon F1.8 50mm prime. Its like $110 bucks but people rave about its capabilities in low light. I have the 50mm F1.4 and love it!

Comment

Yeah, I had a 50mm 1.8 on my Nikon, I fucking loved it.

Moral of this story?

Comment

InB4 ref ticket

Comment

Working...
                              X