Tinted front turn signals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinted front turn signals!

I tinted my turn signals with red spray tint. then with black so it blends in with the bumper trim, but yet the signals are red when flashing.
    Looks great!!

any comments??
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by fronton
    He must have been staring right the pole, all the way into it. Happens to me playing mariokart every time.
    sigpic
    1982 F250 Built 351W-sold
    1994 325i-sold
    1987 325es-sold
    1991 318i Slicktop- work in progress

i have a pic of them when on if anyone wants to see?
    I have the original orange ones. i went to my local junkyard today to check for e30's and there was a royalblau (i think its spelled) there in good shape just the front was alittle messed up. the ellipsoids were there but the driver side was bad so i didnt buy them. I know a guy there that hooks me up haha. he said come tomorrow and get some more
    He must have been staring right the pole, all the way into it. Happens to me playing mariokart every time.
    sigpic
    1994 325i-sold
    1987 325es-sold

Comment

i was thinking about doing this to mine, as well as the ones on the side(front and back) i picked up extras of all them just incase i dont like it ha. does the light shine through well enough? and what paint did you use?
      btw just a suggestion, paint the metal ring around the headlights black looks good with the black grilles.

Comment

Looks nice, I wanna vid of the blinking :)
        but now you gotta do the side markers

+1 for painting rings
        87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

Red lights on the front of your car are typ illegal.
          sigpic

Comment

Heh, I pulled the ellipsoid off that car in the yard. I also pulled the rear plastic bumper and placed it behind the car so someone could buy it and not fuck it up, too nice to have someone mess up. Glad to see another e30 in Omaha!

Comment

If NE is anything like MI, cops won't notice and don't care, not like on the west coast where they are always up in your business
              87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

Still should watch it, though. In VA your turns HAVE to be amber, so making them red, an emergency only color, will get you in double trouble.
                1987 325is, S50B30US, Kamei side skirts, Zender Spoiler.
                MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Originally posted by MclubSport
                Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Horrible with responding to PMs, I'm so sorry.

Comment

Looks good...exactly how my car looks
                  03 infiniti G35 sedan
                  90 325i vert

Comment

Ya the light shines through fine i tinted them red with VHT and then black over the top ill get a pic up. and maybe ill paint those rings black.

Originally posted by Regnar75 View Post
                    i was thinking about doing this to mine, as well as the ones on the side(front and back) i picked up extras of all them just incase i dont like it ha. does the light shine through well enough? and what paint did you use?
                    btw just a suggestion, paint the metal ring around the headlights black looks good with the black grilles.
                    sigpic
                    1994 325i-sold
                    1987 325es-sold

Comment

Red lights are totally illegal on the front of your car, so have fun with that. It looks ok I guess.
                      -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

i have the stock ones still in my glovebox.. if a cop pulls me over ill just put the other ones on. IF one does
                        sigpic
                        1994 325i-sold
                        1987 325es-sold

Comment

Wow guys honestly no one cares about little things like this that are technically illegal. I had painted (black) turn signals on my old car for a while. All red tails are illegal. Who gives a shit? Let the guy have fun with his car instead of going on about its legality.

Oh and I think it looks nice OP. I personally wouldn't have gone with a red undercoat just because I have no real reason to, but it probably looks nice.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Any modification to your stock lights is considered illegal.

looks okay, but needs to match the side markers also
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            But of course
                            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                            X