My '89 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '89 325i

Well I had to get a daily for quite some time now and I was looking at a plethora of cars that would meet my daily needs. Seeing that I generally like older cars an E30 was high up on the list.

I came across a one owner 5spd late model, cloth and jumped on it as those are the things I was looking for in an E30. There is some rust on the front fender which I plan to just completely replace over the winter. Also plan to refinish my weaves over winter and get a repaint. She's high mileage at 260 000km but wasn't abused. Parked indoors at home and work. Lady driven for past 23 years. I plan to just run this engine til it falls on its face. Timing belt etc. is next week.

I've had the car for a little over a month now and I have done (in this sweltering 40+ degrees heat)

New front control arms with new inner and outer ball joints
    New front sway bar links
    New sway bar link brackets
    New front control arm bushings (solid)
    New fuel filter
    New air filter
    New spark plugs
    New shifter boot
    New Bilstein Sport shocks
    New H&R Sport Springs
    New Front shock mounts
    New Rear shock mounts TMS HP
    Oil change

I have a MarkD chip coming (thanks to REV member)

Temperamental when starting, sometimes immediate, sometimes a few cranks. Seems like fuel problem as it stutters sometimes when it has trouble starting. Pump maybe going but not sure. Another nice surprise was a dented gas tank which maybe screwing with how much fuel I can put in.

Anyway on to pics.

What it looked like when I got her:

With the 15" weaves

After all the suspension stuff (as it sits now)

I think all that work sorta tired me out so I'm bringing her in to a shop to get the timing belt and shifter bushings done though next time I'll do the TB myself.
    Last edited by Classiks; 07-18-2012, 08:47 PM.
    Now: '89 325i
    Then: '94 Alpina B3 - '85 911 Targa - '88 635csi - '94 #32 Euro M3 - '98 Impreza Turbo

Looks pretty good. I know you said you were tired but, a timing belt job isn't too hard and you will save a lot of money.

Also, it's R3V ;)

Comment

Yea I think I may just do the TB myself now cause it is a lot of money in labour. It's just so hard to keep having downtime on the car cause I love driving it! The R3V (sorry!) write up is quite detailed so I'll just follow that one step by step. I'll just wait til the forecast says something not ridiculous like 34 degrees plus humidity to do the job, the heat killed me when doing all that other work.
      Now: '89 325i
      Then: '94 Alpina B3 - '85 911 Targa - '88 635csi - '94 #32 Euro M3 - '98 Impreza Turbo

Comment

You can find a how-to for just about any job you will ever need to do on an E30. They really are quite simple to work on.

Comment

Working...
        X