New here, new with BMWs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, new with BMWs

Hey guys, well I'm new with BMW I had 3 s13, a rx7 fc, and a w20 but first time with e30, I got it for $1300 and its super clean with 125k miles. I wanna make it good for downhill or AutoX. Right now I been thinking on lowering it, what should I use, looking for something cheap right now. And I'm planing to to electric fan mod.

Thanks
    Ramon

Welcome to the Family! Look forward to coming down to Utah and meeting the peeps. Are you going to SL,UTfest?

Comment

I didn't know about it, maybe.

Comment

Nice price and mileage. Good score. I recommend you AutoX it as is, in GS class for a bit, but I have no idea of your AutoX experience. Good shocks and tires and you will be good to go in GS. I jumped right in on my car, with the wrong mods, and it bumped me into ST, where I got murdered. Sort of wish I had run GS for longer.
        sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Welcome to the addict's community!

Throw on a short shifter- UUC seems to be the favored son.

lower it on Bilstein Sports (lotta debate on this, but the preponderance of the evidence yields Bilsteins are hands down the superlative product) and H&R springs. Personally, I went with Sports, but I know a lot of the guys on here are die-hard H&R Race fans. My car is a daily driver and the Sports are more than sufficient, extremely responsive.

Get a jim conforti (turner motorsport) or markD chip (http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/)

Most importantly, a Bentley Publishers shop manual. In less than a year into the e30 game, it's easily saved me five grand.

You may know this, but as a precaution, I'll tell you: the timing belts are the number one (?) failure on these cars. If they're not changed every 50-60k miles, it can end up costing you a valve job, at least. If the PO has his maintenance documented and this is there, you're good. If no records accompanied the vehicle at purchase, I would change it ASAP as a preventive measure.

Hmmm... I'm not an e30 ninja, but they're here in spades. The search function, while picky with word choice and often time-consuming, will yield the answer you seek a good 85% of the time. For the other fifteen, the community's here to help!

Enjoy, and welcome again!
          /______\_o_/______\
          l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
          \ #___======___# /
          |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Hell yeah great pickup for 1300$ !!!

Comment

If your budget is tight billy sports and bav auto/m3 springs. If budget is slightly bigger, billy hds and h&r or eibach.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Much appreciated

Comment

I have IE stage 3's & billys on my car & love it, iv been seeing alot of them on the forums forsale.
                  Last edited by Eurotrash727; 07-21-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaButt View Post
                    The search function, while picky with word choice and often time-consuming, will yield the answer you seek a good 85% of the time. For the other fifteen, the community's here to help!

Use " site: r3vlimited.com *keywords* " in google instead, it's a lot more sufficient
                    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Thanks guys, I didnt know about the timing belt, I'll do is asap, and H&R springs maybe next month. I use to drift with my other cars so AutoX would be new for me, the guy told my that this cas came with the optional LSD, how can I know if its true?

Comment

Originally posted by monci007 View Post
                        how can I know if its true?
                        lift both wheels up. gearbox in neutral. turn one wheel. if the other one is spinning in the opposite direction, OPEN diff, if it goes in the same direction, LSD
                        /______\_o_/______\
                        l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
                        \ #___======___# /
                        |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Originally posted by DaButt View Post
                          lift both wheels up. gearbox in neutral. turn one wheel. if the other one is spinning in the opposite direction, OPEN diff, if it goes in the same direction, LSD
                          This is the easiest way. The case cover should also have a tag on it. The magic letter is S, ie. S3.73.

I would say do maintenance and auto x it stock for the time being.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                          X