Back into an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back into an E30

So its been about 4 years but I'm finally back into an e30. After selling my zinno '88 vert, I had a 91 318 which ended up being to much of a project. I then got into a 2008 Civic, traded it in for a 2010 GMC 1500, and then traded that in for a 2011 2500 Duramax.

I came across this car on craigslist and the owner wanted $4000. After "telling" him what e30's need and how much they cost I got him down to $1500.

I was ulimately looking for a car that I could drive and do things while enjoying the car.

Introducing my "new" 1990 Brillantrot 325is coupe. I'll be looking at doing a staged approach with this.

1) Maintenance--Timing belt, tires, small items it needs, suspension refresh
    2) Respray--Althought its really not terrible, the car would look fantastic with a respray. It probably needs a new hood prior to this but cleans up pretty well.
    3) Customize-- New wheels, euro bits, "normal" e30 custom stuff. I'll be looking for the clean look and this car will be inspired by RCWells old Brillantrot coupe.

So on to the car....

By mastrcruse at 2012-07-20
    Last edited by Mastrcruse; 08-08-2012, 03:12 PM.

Nice deal! Was this the car that was for sale in Gunter?

Comment

I'll be using this thread to keep a list of items the car gets and needs.

Stage 1

1) Interior door handles w/ trim--Purchased
      2) Light/AC/Breaker Switches--Purchased
      3) Interior light hanger---Purchased coming from Bluntech
      4) A few body clips--Purchased coming from Bluntech
      5) DS exterior window seal--Purchased coming from Bluntech
      6) Timing Belt--Purchased coming from Bluntech
      7) Water pump and cooling system refresh-- purchased coming from Bluntech
      8) Natur Front Sport seat or maybe switch to houndstooth--Not purchased
      9) Crack Free Dash--Not purchased
      10) Brillantrot Mirriors--Purchased
      11) Brillantrot Hood--needed before respray
      12) New F/R Roundels--Purchased from bluntech
      13) Needs 1 basketweave Roundel--Purchased coming from Bluntech
      14) natur rear speaker cover (just the small square piece--Purchased
      15) IE RSM's--Getting for Bday (8/13)
      16) Tires--ordered 195/65 14 Falken 912s
      17) Shadowlining---Primer and paint purchased
      Last edited by Mastrcruse; 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
        Nice deal! Was this the car that was for sale in Gunter?
        Yep. I checked a ton of the cars around here, in OK, LA and this one for the money was in great shape. Worst thing is that its an auto. I'm thinking I'll have $5k in the car after manual, respray, and customization which I don't think is bad at all.

I got him down to 2000 but it wasn't inspected since 2010. Which, in Tarrant county, it has to pass emissions and safety. So he took $500 more off for me taking the risk. I love the red on these BMW's and I'm really glad I didn't settle for a blue vert in Austin or a gold sedan in Tulsa. haha. It passed inspection with flying colors and it seems to actually be maintainted pretty well.

Now I wish I could get someone to help me change the timing belt and water pump, need to make a thread in the Southwest territory forum. Would save me about $400. I think I can do it but want someone there that has done it so I don't make any stupid mistakes.
        Last edited by Mastrcruse; 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Nice, why do we have to click pictures tho?
          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

The first time I posted they weren't resizing. I'll post again but let me know if they are too big.

**Just reposted. They are huge on my computer. Let me know if I need to try again.

Comment

Looks great!Sometimes I really wish I had a 2 door...
              sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Huge pics are HUGE;)

Looks like a great place to start a project from. How is the interior?

Like the DMAX too, I have an 09 CC LTZ, 4" turbo back running EFI tunes. Take off those door moldings it makes a huge difference!

Comment

Interior isn't to bad but my a.d.d gets the best of me. Like most of these cars its in need of a dash and a drivers side seat.

I was going to take the molding off the truck...really like the clean look but was told by several it helps with door dings. Still going back and forth on weather to remove or not. Idecided to give the '10 1500 up because I couldn't go wrong with the deal...payments are 250 a month. I also get a company car so she sits if I do long trips.

Comment

holy pictures batman
                    Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
                    HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

Jesus you practically robbed the previous owner, good luck though

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                        Interior isn't to bad but my a.d.d gets the best of me. Like most of these cars its in need of a dash and a drivers side seat.

I was going to take the molding off the truck...really like the clean look but was told by several it helps with door dings. Still going back and forth on weather to remove or not. Idecided to give the '10 1500 up because I couldn't go wrong with the deal...payments are 250 a month. I also get a company car so she sits if I do long trips.
                        I hear you on the add interior issues... I'm the same way. What ever I end up getting will either need to have immaculate interior or it will get re-upholstered.

I love mine with out the molding, especially given the color isn't a perfect match. I can tell you I have the same steps you do and no on had gotten by those to ding my door.

Comment

you talked him down 2500 dollars? holy shit

Comment

Originally posted by Eric535 View Post
                            you talked him down 2500 dollars? holy shit
                            Yep. I think he was getting pushed big time by his wife and thats who I was texting the entire time. He also mentioned that the city told him to clean up some of the 4 or 5 cars he had in his front yard.

I knew he needed to get rid of the cars and I thought I got a steal. It'll take some work but with the money I put into it, I think I'll end up on top.

I've ordered a ton of the "maintenance" parts listed above. I think I'll start calling this the Bluntech Mobile.

Comment

Update 1: Maintenance phase

Shadowlining

Crack Free Dash

Mint Front interior panels

Change the ghetto ass mirror

Added missing toolbox

Maintenance items: Thanks BLUNTECH!!
                              TB Kit, Water pump, VC gasket, F/R Roundels, other mis. things.

On the truck to get TB/Water Pump/VC gasket/Dash put in

I'll be trying to remove the tint when I come home from Orlando next friday. It's faded and bubbled and is really taking away from the car. I'm going to tint the windows but with something very light but also uv protective.
                              Last edited by Mastrcruse; 08-08-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X