X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Netherlands

Hi guys,

First of english is not my primary language so excuse my grammar

Im Dwight I'm 22 and I live in The Netherlands.. yes where weed and prostitution is legal.
    I live in a city next to Amsterdam.

Anyways let's talk cars.
    My first car is a E46 316 pre-face lift. It's a pretty nice car but this just encouraged my BMW love.

My E30 love started a while ago, I've been reading on allot of forums about e30's with all kinds of engine swaps and project.. simply AWESOME. So I went looking for a e30 up to '86 not any younger because of the dutch tax system.

So a couple of weeks ago I found one on the internet just 30min drive away, it needs some TLC but it drives okay and is in decent shape for a 25 year old car. Some specs of the car:
    -White
    -Automatic
    -Basicly no extra's

And now some pictures

And a picture of my e46

Plans to be done ASAP:
    - Repaint hood
    - Some other paint touch ups.

Plans for this year are:
    - Shadowline
    - 16" rims
    - MOAR LOW!!
    - Rust repairs

Future plan hopefully a m60 swap

Comment

Interesting car to start with. 316i came with drum brakes correct?
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

welcome better pictures are necessary

e24 e9 e30
        IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Welcome here fellow dutchie ;)

Are you on E30fansite.nl? (local forum)
          sigpic

Comment

Better pictures are coming this weekend (still will be Iphone quality)

@Beske
            Ik heb wel een account bij e30forum, maar ben er niet zo actief.. R3V heeft meer info en betere projecten.

Comment

Your English is fine, don't worry about it. :)

Any plans to go to a 5 or even 6 speed with the M60?

Comment

Im thinkin about keepin the current diff and go with a 5-speed.

Right now im savind up for the swap and that will probally be round october.
                And the most frustrating part is to find a m60b40 and a manual tranny.. m60b30's aren't hard to find here but a 40 is.

And im also looking for a working space to do the swap because a house with a normal size garage is a luxury for dutch standards.. BTW Nederlanders kennen jullie misschien een goede sleutelruimte in de buurt van Almere?

Anyways i'm gonna pick up the e30 this friday and just enjoy the nostalgic feeling for a month or 2

Comment

UPDATE!

Stuff to do asap, paint the hood. It's got allot of scratches and just looks crappy.

And find some window trims, passenger side has none.

Some interiour shots!

Comment

So im sitting with a budget problem..

My e46 engine sounds like crap, bad maintenance from the previous owner and a lil bit from my side (stupid me, FML). IT's prolly a timing belt problem but im not sure, so I wanna get my e46 repaired.

As for the E30, im looking for some parts one the dutch craiglist (marktplaats). I'm lookin for a set of 15 or 16 inch wheels and trims.
                    V8 project am I still saving some money for. I had a m62b44 available for a great deal but I'm still looking up how much that differs from the m60 setup (tranny and electric mostly).

Comment

Working...
                    X