New addition to my addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to my addiction

Busy year for me. Retired from the military, contracting in the Middle east, relocated the Wife and kids to Panama City, Panama, and sent my Laguna Vert to AMS Autowerks to have a S@#t load of work done to her. So while at home here in on vacation from the sand, I started missing my Bimmers, particularly my E30...well,I found an e36 wagon with a swap instead and put my very nice 528it for sale in the states to fund the purchase(wife said so)well deal fell through cause he decided to keep her.
    Well no worries cause this came up moments later. Its a 1989 316i with an m40 with 214km on the clock(which still works). It has LOTS of those items we always look for and buy for our "US Spec'' e30's..i.e. euro smileys, euro trim, plate filler, battery tray cubby, triangle, and a few more things here and there.. Plan you ask? for now just maintenance I have to finish all the check writing to finish off the Vert and the Wagon, if I choose to pull the sale and keep the wagon. Its a DD for now.

Oh and here are pics of that e36 wagon that got away

Last edited by pilotskillse30; 08-15-2012, 09:11 PM.
    sigpic

i loveeee that color e30, nice find!
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Very interesting.
      How are you liking Panama?
      And where in the Middle East do you work?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

looks gooood!

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
        http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
        Few pictures:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Comment

Nice 316! It's exactly same color as mine in Lebanon. Where do you work in the middle east? And panama is cheap enough right?

One of the best threads you will ever read
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=221813

Nice trailer of my e30
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTjtG...e_gdata_player

If i sold you something please leave feedback here
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217142

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            Very interesting.
            How are you liking Panama?
            And where in the Middle East do you work?
            I love Panama, so much nature and culture, love how people think its like some savage land, and it looks like Miami. I just left Afghanistan, headed to Columbia again then it seems like either Abu Dhabi Dubai or Iraq next.

Originally posted by schtozo View Post
            Nice 316! It's exactly same color as mine in Lebanon. Where do you work in the middle east? And panama is cheap enough right?
            Last was Afghanistan(SWA)not really Middle east but heading there to above mentioned places..if I go to Dubai I'll be there for a year minimum. Panama City is still very cheap..2500sq ft apartment for 900 bucks with all the trimmings i.e pool ,concierge etc. and my utilities round out to 220 bucks a month and thats internet and cable included in that. You can find million dollar homes here all day long to.
            Last edited by pilotskillse30; 08-15-2012, 09:12 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
              i loveeee that color e30, nice find!
              Originally posted by Den_k321 View Post
              looks gooood!
              thanks fellas!
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome car awesome color

Comment

That's pretty sick.
                  I love exploring places that don't get two looks from ordinary Americans.

Are you a pilot?

That being said, If I had to live somewhere in the Mid East it'd be Lebanon or Iran.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Nice lil daily you got there. And that touring aint half bad either. Is it had to find e30s in good condition down there?

COTM

Comment

Nice E30.

But what kind of job do you have? seriously seems pretty awesome travelling and having different cars in different countries.

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                        Nice lil daily you got there. And that touring aint half bad either. Is it had to find e30s in good condition down there?
                        its pretty hard BUT I find them more and more in paint shops getting redone s I might get into the e3o game down here. Three days ago I saw a flatbed truck towing a 92-93 vert that looked like it had rolled off the assembly line, almost gave my wife whip lash trying to chase it down, but it disappeared into the city. Calypso with euro weaves
                        Originally posted by DDF_Dutchie View Post
                        Nice E30.

But what kind of job do you have? seriously seems pretty awesome traveling and having different cars in different countries.
                        I'm an aviation contractor for the Gov't, I provide technical support and training to countries that have purchased US aircraft as well as support the fleet of U.S. Army Aviation assets in the Middle east and South west Asia..Pilot/Grease Monkey all in one. It allows My family and I to live in Panama since all my work is overseas anyways.
                        sigpic

Comment

I got the wrong boring office job.. time for a carreer switch :-D

Anyway, keep us posted about car updates! can't wait

Comment

Nice find there. Looks pretty clean.

Too bad the Touring deal didn't happen--looks like a great car.

Comment

Working...
                            X