Yes, I still have an E30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I still have an E30.

I took this snapshot at the beach today. I've been driving this car for around 3 months now, and have driven it a little over 3000 miles after installing an S54. I'm slowly neatening up things up. Apologies for the cell phone pictures--I left my camera at home.

I autocrossed twice with it and since I hadn't done it in a while, I had a lot of rust to shake off. I'll be doing a couple driving events in the fall, one at Watkins Glen with COM, and I hope to get to NHMS in October.

The power delivery is great, and the extra revs make a difference while autocrossing. I also hear no lifter tick like on M50s. :razz:

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

:grin:8)8)8)8):grin:

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Oh you seriously do! Glad you posted, even if all you could come up with are two pictures.

Haha, looking great Fredkay.

So is this the only e30 you have right now?
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

More and more I want to do this...

Nice to see it done, did you beat SuperDooper to the finish?

Comment

I still have a DS 318is that I had been using as a DD. It has sort of been placed on the back burner for now.
          Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          Nice to see it done, did you beat SuperDooper to the finish?
          Sadly, no. Also, Bob's workmanship is impeccable--it'll take me a lot more skinned knuckles to get stuff that well-sorted out.

Comment

The super sweet 5 lug on the front, are those my old parts?
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

nice car. what kind of trunk spoiler do you have?
              Toyota Pickup

Comment

I kinda want to find a 2 door now...
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Very nice car! I have an S54 as well it just happens to be in my Z4MC lol. I would LOVE to have a S54 E30 but I think ill just have to stick with the M50 ive got sitting in the garage haha

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                    The super sweet 5 lug on the front, are those my old parts?
                    I got them from Funkmasta. Yeah. Ahhh memories.

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
                    nice car. what kind of trunk spoiler do you have?
                    Still just the iS lip. :)

Comment

Nice man! You went with someone overseas on the DME correct? Would you have done anything different on your swap now?

Thanks! and you car looks tits man

Sam

Originally posted by Roysneon
                      $5 shipped?
                      Originally posted by MarkD
                      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Why haven't you told us!? This is sweet!:D:D:D

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                        The power delivery is great, and the extra revs make a difference while autocrossing. I also hear no lifter tick like on M50s. :razz:
                        That's all you have to say about the power? Not batshit insane crazy racecar fast?
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I love how unassuming it looks. Running Lee's booster delete plate?
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Thanks samiam. It is the flash from Germany. So far things seem OK, so I'm not regretting anything big time. My brakes are pretty loud because I'm using race pads, which was necessary in my opinion in a manual brake setup.

I had a booster plate made by a machinist here on r3v. Lee came out with his kit like a couple weeks after I got the booster delete plate. Lee's kit makes the installation a breeze by comparison. His new kit looks even more trick, but it does require a bit more work to install.

The car is pretty fast. It has a 2.79 or 2.93 or something like that right now, so it's not geared optimally IMO. I'm turning like 3100 at 80 mph. I'll be building up a 3.46 soon. I think an LSx would be stupid fast, but the S54 is not overwhelming. While autocrossing throttle steering is effortless and fun as hell.
                            Last edited by FredK; 08-25-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Wowzers, yeah ya do. You make me want to drop my S52 swap plans!

Comment

Working...
                              X