Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 318i, start to finish (2 years and some change)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omfg that green. Thumbs up!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
    RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

I've officially decided what color im painting my e30. What's it called?
      E30 buildy things
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Damn, you were taken hard on that M50 :(

Glad you pulled through all your let downs with the "Big name" companies.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

wtf is going on
          Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

This is official: My new favorite e30 has just appeared. I love it....and the stance, the stance ... just ahhhh....

Comment

Car looks absolutely killer, lovin' the green color. Actually, lovin' all of it, good job man.
              sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Very nice car man!

Comment

Awesome car man! My car will be taking the direction yours took in ditching the M10 and swapping an M50 in

Comment

Your car is exactly where I want mine to go... Props dude, you have an amazing E30

"M20 is too mainstream"

Comment

Excellent build buddy!! Has everything I would love to do.
                      BUILDTHREAD
                      WTB LIST

Comment

this is probably the best looking early model e30 I've seen yet. Great work! I'd love to see what it looks like with the wood roof rack on as well!
                        320I - under construction

Comment

bravo sir, bravo. Love the color

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            oh my lord i love this thread!!!!
                            what was the factory color and then the repainted color?
                            this car is amazing.
                            Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
                            I've officially decided what color im painting my e30. What's it called?
                            The color is called Achatgrun Metallic, it was the orig. color of the car, and I went with the same color on the re-spray, however I added a bit more metal flake and put a few more coats of clear on to really if the paint that depth.

Originally posted by smerfs View Post
                            this is probably the best looking early model e30 I've seen yet. Great work! I'd love to see what it looks like with the wood roof rack on as well!
                            You know I've been toying around with the idea of throwing it back on, but I just love the clean look without it. It's just sitting in my garage right now. I'd like to somehow get it to sit lower on the roof, for a lower profile. In searching for something to replace the roof rack I mocked up a trunk based luggage rack from an early model corvette stingray that I found at a junk yard...I kind of liked it, however an over all negative reception from everyone else I knew put me off to the idea. Again we shall see...

And thanks for all the awesome feedback guys. I'm stoked that the car is getting great results from the community. It's a good feeling after the blood sweat and tears you're all familiar with.

also, quick fun fact (I had a couple folks ask me via PM so I figured I'd just post) the frenched highbeams that are yellow but do not have a yellow film over them, are from a late 70s early 80s mercedes 300D. Other models will work. There's plenty of them in the junk yards, and it's actually cheaper than running the film...and they look better IMO. Direct swap, same bulb, about $5 for the pair.
                            Last edited by n3rdy30; 08-31-2012, 05:23 AM.

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
                            Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
                            Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

lol my previous car was a w123 merc, and when i got my e30 it had been hit on the side and stopped running and was just chillin in my driveway and i almost took the yellow fogs because i have seen a few people running that mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                                lol my previous car was a w123 merc, and when i got my e30 it had been hit on the side and stopped running and was just chillin in my driveway and i almost took the yellow fogs because i have seen a few people running that mod.
                                Haha, I was just doing my normal saturday stroll around the yard, saw an old baby blue merc with them...said eh f**k, I'll give it a try, and it worked haha. Those sexy germans and their functional designs.

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
                                Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
                                Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

Working...
                                X